Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dashcam is scheduled to arrive today, the new DR650S-2CH. Probably the first person to receive it in the US. Hopefully no build issues LOL!!!

But I may not be home and IDK if it requires signature or not. It shipped from Korea via TNT(the carrier). Never heard of it, do you know if I can pre-sign for the pckage???

My dashcam is scheduled to arrive today, the new DR650S-2CH. Probably the first person to receive it in the US. Hopefully no build issues LOL!!!

But I may not be home and IDK if it requires signature or not. It shipped from Korea via TNT(the carrier). Never heard of it, do you know if I can pre-sign for the pckage???

I have a DR650GW-2CH still sealed in its shipping box, ready to return to Amazon if I can find the DR650S-2CH. Do you mind saying where you ordered the S from?

I must be completely dense, but I can't find the new DRG650S on the BlackVue web site at all and it's not in their store. I don't even know what is new with it vs. the GW version that I have. My GW is still in the package, uninstalled. If the new S model is worth the swap, I'll return the one I have and get the new one.

I must be completely dense, but I can't find the new DRG650S on the BlackVue web site at all and it's not in their store. I don't even know what is new with it vs. the GW version that I have. My GW is still in the package, uninstalled. If the new S model is worth the swap, I'll return the one I have and get the new one.

Here it is: DR650S-2CH | Blackvue

New Feature (Email from Blackvue):

-New DR650S-2CH firmware.

-Additional function & option.

*Rear camera power

You can turn o power to the rear camera.

*Rear camera recording
You can enable or disable rear camera recording.

*Rear camera 180° rotation

If you installed the rear camera in a ipped position, use this setting to rotate the rear camera image.

*Push notifications during parking mode recording

*Register multiple SSID on BlackVue Cloud App

*Setting 10M bps for Front camera.

Interesting that the BUY link on that page points to the 1-channel version

There is a lot of very interesting things going on, on that page. I'm pretty sure that site is just a mockup for an eventual production site.

Tip offs:
  • wordpress developer URL
  • URL contains the words "demo" and "test"
  • doesn't use https to secure the credit card transaction pages
  • Whois for the domain points to an individual "Ronin Patel" in Boston, and not Blackvue
Captain Sunshade, did your DR650S-2CH arrive as planned?

There is a lot of very interesting things going on, on that page. I'm pretty sure that site is just a mockup for an eventual production site.

Tip offs:
  • wordpress developer URL
  • URL contains the words "demo" and "test"
  • doesn't use https to secure the credit card transaction pages
  • Whois for the domain points to an individual "Ronin Patel" in Boston, and not Blackvue
Captain Sunshade, did your DR650S-2CH arrive as planned?

Just got it a couple minutes ago from some random shipping service called "TNT Express". My install is scheduled for Saturday but I decided to give it a simple test to see how everything goes using a USB 5V to 12V converter powered by my power-pack. So the design changes are very minor most are internal changes (as I mentioned in a previous post). Video quality is awesome, a signifiant upgrade. I will post some sample videos after the install! The cloud access and file access seems to load much faster. I will keep you posted and will upload some videos, this is just my preliminary review with 15 minutes with the cam and I am just typing whatever pops into my head. Sunshade Sunshade Sunshade Sunshade

Attachments

• IMG_4024.JPG
    IMG_4024.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_4025.JPG
    IMG_4025.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4026.JPG
    IMG_4026.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4027.JPG
    IMG_4027.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 237
Just got it a couple minutes ago from some random shipping service called "TNT Express". My install is scheduled for Saturday but I decided to give it a simple test to see how everything goes using a USB 5V to 12V converter powered by my power-pack. So the design changes are very minor most are internal changes (as I mentioned in a previous post). Video quality is awesome, a signifiant upgrade. I will post some sample videos after the install! The cloud access and file access seems to load much faster. I will keep you posted and will upload some videos, this is just my preliminary review with 15 minutes with the cam and I am just typing whatever pops into my head. Sunshade Sunshade Sunshade Sunshade

Please post some picture of the install of course.

Is the rear camera powered from the front one? Would it be possible to run the connecting wire (front cam to rear cam) underneath the headliner?

• Disagree
Reactions: Chickenlittle
Please post some picture of the install of course.

Is the rear camera powered from the front one? Would it be possible to run the connecting wire (front cam to rear cam) underneath the headliner?

Will do!

Yea, the rear camera connects to the front one, the front one is the main unit that does everything. Will be running the wire the same way @Muzzman1 did as I will be using the same installer.

Reactions: pchan