Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue app over ‘wi-fi’ Doesn’t work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nc07

Jul 10, 2018
CO
I recently installed the 900 series dash cam and initially had no issues using the wi-fi mode to connect to the camera with the iOS app. Last night the app keeps pushing me to the settings section insisting I’m not on the camera’s WiFi connection (I am). Anyone else had this issue? I tried upgrading the firmware on the camera and the app to the most updated version but still no go.

Actually, I did have that symptom.
I had to "forget" the blackvue network, turn off WiFi on the iPhone, turn it back on and quickly connect to the blackvue SID first before any other connection. It was a little tricky to get the timing down. But I only had to do that one time. Now the connection seems stable and I can connect at will..
Hope this helps!

Same problem here try many times but don’t arrive to connect directly to the camera
Some times can not find camera network in iOS wifi setup with I phone (iOS 12) but with iPad I can connect to the cam but can’t access to it via application

If your camera is set to join your home network for cloud services, you won’t be able to connect to it via the App while you are at home. Camera can only do 1 WiFi at a time and the app can’t connect to the camera over the cloud WiFi. Each time I do a firmware update via my phone, I have to drive down the block a bit.

• Informative
Reactions: Akikiki
Turn off your mobile data when connecting to blackvue wifi.
On android (im assuming iphone too), the phone uses whichever connection has internet access.
Since internet doesnt exist on blackvue, it ignores that network when routing.

+1 Turning off mobile data was the fix when trying to connect directly to the dashcam via Wi-Fi.

• Informative
Reactions: Akikiki
Blackvue knows about this bug, apparently really affecting iOS 12. You get into a loop between the app and Settings, and even if you seem to be connected to your Blackvue with Wifi, the app does not recognize it or connect. They expect to release an updated version on Friday.

• Informative
Reactions: tranzndance
I contacted them Thursday and they said the WiFi connection problem was a known issue in iOS 12 and they were expecting the update on Friday (today) to correct it.

The updated app sort of fixes the issue. The app still opens up Settings to have you verify that WiFi is set to your Blackvue, but it actually opens my Siri & Shortcuts sub-menu. I have to navigate back to the WiFi menu. Yes, once selected, you can get WiFi to see your camera in the app.

The updated app sort of fixes the issue. The app still opens up Settings to have you verify that WiFi is set to your Blackvue, but it actually opens my Siri & Shortcuts sub-menu. I have to navigate back to the WiFi menu. Yes, once selected, you can get WiFi to see your camera in the app.

Mostly fixed. The latest update (last night) still opens up your Settings and for me opens up a Siri & Shortcuts sub-menu. I navigate back to the WiFi menu to check that my dash cam is connected by WiFi to my iPhone. Then jump back to the Blackvue app and I can see the camera.