Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blew something up in the rear every time when i out from home.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from SC. They listened carefully and watched the video. I had to wait an hour to simulate the problem and then rolled with a technician, he felt a blow and was amazed himself. He says he has never seen such that the car would not show errors after that.
He turned on the service mode, the high-voltage part.
I recorded a video, says there are no problems in the high-voltage part.
He says it's most likely a problem with the front motor.
He said to leave the car, but since the weekend, I said that I would come on Monday morning.

But now I know for sure that the problem occurs after the car went to sleep. That is, 15 minutes after the stop, if the SENTRY mode is off.

How to upload video? its about 24mbt.
Attach so big files work here?

Just got back from SC. They listened carefully and watched the video. I had to wait an hour to simulate the problem and then rolled with a technician, he felt a blow and was amazed himself. He says he has never seen such that the car would not show errors after that.
He turned on the service mode, the high-voltage part.
I recorded a video, says there are no problems in the high-voltage part.
He says it's most likely a problem with the front motor.
He said to leave the car, but since the weekend, I said that I would come on Monday morning.

But now I know for sure that the problem occurs after the car went to sleep. That is, 15 minutes after the stop, if the SENTRY mode is off.

How to upload video? its about 24mbt.
Attach so big files work here?

Put it on YouTube or Vimeo, then share the link here

Here video how this happens,
Look at end of video where speed exceed 18 mph.

Here i try to look differential gap without wheels.This is looks normal?

CAR in SC from yesterday. Still not get any information from them.
Ok I apologize for my skepticism….that video is INSANE!! I’ve never heard anything like that before. I hope they get it figured out.

So, if I got this right, it sounds like one of the wheels was doing incorrectly sensing a skid via one of the ABS sensors. In that case, the car would hit the brakes on one or more of the other wheels in order to counteract the skid, which would surely make a Big Noise and make the car jerk around.

I betcha this was a fun one to troubleshoot. The SC is probably fairly familiar with failing drive units. Which, of course, connect to the wheels as well. I can just see it now: a couple-three techs sitting at a table with coffee, open manuals, and baffled looks, arguing about what they're seeing. And one of them goes, "I wonder.. could it be the ABS?" The argument picks up, gets loud, manuals are opened to relatively unused sections, and they all fly off to the car (after finding an open bay), attach test cables and get even more confused.

If I got the explanation correct, the connector was probably in its socket, nice and firm. But, once unplugged and stared at with a skeptical eye, one of the pins was half-way retracted into the connector housing.

Been there, done that, gotten the eyestrain, because four or eight gold-plated pins reflecting off of each other makes life more complicated. Sometimes, using a cell phone in Macro mode, taking a picture, then staring at the picture is the Only Way. Fun.

Glad your car is fixed. And the techies got one to tell other techies about.

Just read report inside tesla app about problem from tech team,
The problem was in PIN on connector of Low Voltage controller on right side,
as i understand wire from right side ABS sensors goto through car wire to this point.

I liked how the service center at Miami Gardens took care of the problem and solved it.