Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind spot camera on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the real reason why Model X can't have blind spot camera feature when the turn signal is used? It will a great thing to have on the console screen behind the steering.

Could not find this question so posted a new one, apologies if its a repeat.

I don't need fancy cameras in then screen. Give me a simple indicator on each mirror like every other car.
A benefit is that the display is more in your line-of-sight looking forward (ie. where there would be a higher chance of cars braking, pedestrians, etc). As well the outside mirrors (disappearing in the future) are off to the sides so even with peripheral vision you have to turn your head/focus. In my case, with a bad eye, the more front line-of-sight is significantly a better choice.

I also don’t think there is a technical blocker here. After we’ve upgraded a legacy S or X with MCU2 and cameras (for FSD), the vehicle should support the blind spot camera. Tesla is just excluding vehicles that it doesn’t want to support.

this bugs me, but I’m more bugged by not having live sentry view - a feature which clearly can be supported by our cars as well.

I applaud Tesla for adding the feature to the new S and X (refresh models) but I think I'd rather see the video image displayed in the IC vs. the MCU display.

Also not sure there is a good reason aside from planned obsolescence that the feature wouldn't be included minimally in Raven-based S and X cars (but also all MCU cars with AP2.5+ camera hardware).

See the feature matrix at the bottom of this page: