Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Game Controllers - Latest Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 MYLR - Has anyone had any success connecting a PS4 or XBox wireless controller to their car with the latest update installed? I have tried both Xbox and PS4 without success. The Xbox is not seen at all, the PS4 is found and registered as a controller but will not connect. I wondered if it may be because their are no current games that require a controller?

Ok, I bit the bullet :)

Ordered this one yesterday and it arrived today.
Olimoxi Switch Controller for Switch/Switch OLED/Switch Lite, Switch Pro Controller with Wake Up, Wireless Switch Controller with 6-Axis Gyro, Double Shock, Turbo - 2023 Improved https://amzn.eu/d/1BHTjiW

Connect to car just fine.

Vampire survivor works well, but Cuphead has "controller needed" message.. which i did not try as left my cable at home (I presume it would work with cable).

As for buttons, you have it AB same as in Xbox, as you see in the picture... works exactly the same

Upvote 0
Ok, I bit the bullet :)

Ordered this one yesterday and it arrived today.
Olimoxi Switch Controller for Switch/Switch OLED/Switch Lite, Switch Pro Controller with Wake Up, Wireless Switch Controller with 6-Axis Gyro, Double Shock, Turbo - 2023 Improved https://amzn.eu/d/1BHTjiW

Connect to car just fine.

Vampire survivor works well, but Cuphead has "controller needed" message.. which i did not try as left my cable at home (I presume it would work with cable).

As for buttons, you have it AB same as in Xbox, as you see in the picture... works exactly the same
I have 2 knockoff controllers now. One of them looks exactly like the one you listed in the link. It works fine with cuphead, in fact both work fine with cuphead, beach buggy, missle command, its just the buttons are off. A is B B is A and X is Y which is not an issue with the 70 dollar authentic pro controller. I don't understand why you wouldn't have the same issue or why yours wouldn't work with cuphead, but maybe because mine is a USA model car.

Upvote 0
I have 2 knockoff controllers now. One of them looks exactly like the one you listed in the link. It works fine with cuphead, in fact both work fine with cuphead, beach buggy, missle command, its just the buttons are off. A is B B is A and X is Y which is not an issue with the 70 dollar authentic pro controller. I don't understand why you wouldn't have the same issue or why yours wouldn't work with cuphead, but maybe because mine is a USA model car.
Not sure

When connected via Bluetooth the start game button on Cuphead is greyed with message Controller is needed"

But I can tell that I am hooked on Vampire Survivor so all good :D

Upvote 0
How do you get it to work? I bought a brand new PS5 DualSense controller and I paired it successfully. However, it won't ever connect because it requires it to turn on and I can't figure out how to make it turn and stay on. It simply flashes blue light six times and then stops. So it won't power on and stay on. Any ideas? Thanks.
I honestly can't say because I'm using a PS4 controller. But I just turn in the controller and it works. Not sure if there are any differences with the PS5 controller...

Upvote 0
How do you get it to work? I bought a brand new PS5 DualSense controller and I paired it successfully. However, it won't ever connect because it requires it to turn on and I can't figure out how to make it turn and stay on. It simply flashes blue light six times and then stops. So it won't power on and stay on. Any ideas? Thanks.
That means it’s not paired properly. I had same issue with ps5 controller when it was first released - been fine for a while but I do usually need to do a two button reset after every software update (good practice anyway).

Try un-pairing / forget device - two button reset - then pair again

You are pairing by pressing the media capture and ps button at the same time first?

Upvote 0
That means it’s not paired properly. I had same issue with ps5 controller when it was first released - been fine for a while but I do usually need to do a two button reset after every software update (good practice anyway).

Try un-pairing / forget device - two button reset - then pair again

You are pairing by pressing the media capture and ps button at the same time first?
Thank you! I did get it to work :)

Upvote 0
What about wireless Xbox 360. Will this work,

Attachments

• IMG_3881.jpeg
    IMG_3881.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0
As an update I still have not been able to connect any Bluetooth controllers to my car. I've tried about 5 or 6 different controllers, PS4, PS5 Xbox, you name it. The best I can get is where the controller is found but as soon as I select it during the discovery process it just turns up on the left greyed out. It then cycles quickly between connected and not connected. I've tried everything short of a full reset of the car and have cycled through a lot of updates since my first post. Phone and watch connect without issue. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem?

Upvote 0