Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it'll drive well. I heard the BMW CEO say its going to drive like a BMW. It's got rear wheel drive. Lots of carbon fiber. And battery pack is at floor of car. It's designed from scratch to be an electric car.

If only the i3 did 150+ mile range and it was under $40k, then I think you'd have a pretty popular car.

I think it'll drive well. I heard the BMW CEO say its going to drive like a BMW. It's got rear wheel drive. Lots of carbon fiber. And battery pack is at floor of car. It's designed from scratch to be an electric car.

If only the i3 did 150+ mile range and it was under $40k, then I think you'd have a pretty popular car.

Yeah 40k with 140 to 180 is good price to value ration for mass EV at this time (may get better with time)

Again, Honda and GM going a different route with hydrogen car (they have enough info and data at this time to go for mass production by 2014) I think interesting time ahead for alternate energy vehicle technology...

I'm looking for something similar too (150 advertised range, 100+ EPA range). But it looks like this car will be similar to the Leaf in battery capacity and range. Plus it's a 4-seater, which is a negative for me (sometimes I have to transport 5 people).

I guess back to Gen III waiting.

I'm looking for something similar too (150 advertised range, 100+ EPA range). But it looks like this car will be similar to the Leaf in battery capacity and range. Plus it's a 4-seater, which is a negative for me (sometimes I have to transport 5 people).

I guess back to Gen III waiting.

Yes, both are a fail on BMW's part. Almost as if they don't really care how this car sells, atleast in the US. Personally, I've had enough of the inconvenience of a 4-seater with our Mini. And, 150-ish range is a minimum. The market's still there for the taking for Tesla Gen III.

The i3 REX will be serious competition for the Volt, however. If it is prices at $45k, that would only put it 5k above the MSRP of the volt, and would offer the same seating capacity and double the EV range. I know i would have definitely at least taken a look at when when i leased my volt. I think that the Volt is a better looking car than the i3, and will offer significantly more trunk space and a slightly easier ingress and egress from the rear seats, but the option to complete my daily drive completely on electric might have been enough to outweigh those negatives.

Yes, both are a fail on BMW's part. Almost as if they don't really care how this car sells, atleast in the US. Personally, I've had enough of the inconvenience of a 4-seater with our Mini. And, 150-ish range is a minimum. The market's still there for the taking for Tesla Gen III.

Why did GM make the Volt as a four passenger car? It doesnt look that small. Is it super narrow or what?