Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i3 94Ah v Nissan Leaf 2018 v Tesla M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I say if you already have a car that works just fine for now then start saving up for a spec'd out Model 3 if you haven't been already. Let's be honest, the other vehicles are technically EVs, but they aren't really what you want are they?

In addition, in two years time we might actually see some competition if the German manufacturers kick it into high gear.

Reactions: KJD
Are there any legitimate indications that there will be a 60kWh version?
Or was that purely speculation?
I think it has been mentioned by Nissan as a car in their plans for the future, but no timeframe for release thus far.

@internalaudit is hoping that more information will be forthcoming during the 40 kWh model release. I would see that as odd timing indeed. It's not like people are banging on the gates to buy the 40 kWh model.

Australian article:

Prices for the (2017) i3 start at $63,900 for the electric-only 60Ah model and $69,900 for the same car with the range extender. The new 94Ah model takes the purely electric version to $65,900 and the range-extender model to $71,900.

The i3 not a very popular car in the US or Australia. Whether it's the sticker price or the styling or the size, it just doesn't sell very well.

I think it has been mentioned by Nissan as a car in their plans for the future, but no timeframe for release thus far.

@internalaudit is hoping that more information will be forthcoming during the 40 kWh model release. I would see that as odd timing indeed. It's not like people are banging on the gates to buy the 40 kWh model.

My estimate delivery date is late 2018. Except for potential loss of our own government incentive mid-year, lots of time to potentially explore alternatives but I probably need a 250 mile BEV to make it a sensible purchase because of the 140 mile round trip my wife takes once a week.

If not available, and the Model 3 ESA is quite comprehensive, LR Tesla here we go. :)