Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very happy for you Bonnie. You asked for the referrals and have received them. Enjoy your Founders and Signature Model X.

Thanks, Mark. Two of the referrals came from friends here on TMC. The other nine are all folks that are local in the Sacramento area that I've met through various Events and other advocacy. So not sure the 'asking' worked so much, but the advocacy surely did :).

- - - Updated - - -

Is that supposed to include the P90DL upgrade too? Maybe she needs to rush out and get a low end used Model S to get the upgrade? :wink:
Aren't most of the referral people Model S owners?

No - the top referrer in each region gets the upgrade. I'm not even close.

How does one see referrals?
Not that it seems to be a particularly valuable system beyond the novelty marketing visibility, but I'm curious to see the practical reality of this alleged mechanism to reduce the cost of sales. As a 3+ year recipient subject of Tesla sales, I'd say it would benefit us all for them to close their sales operations entirely -- it's literally the barrier to closing sales.

Just got my VIN assigned. I was Sig # 1096.
5YJXCBE43GFS00444
Looking at the Tesla VIN decoder http://teslatap.com/vin-decoder/

1-3 Manufacturer 5YJ = Tesla Motors, Inc.
4 Make X = Model X
5 Body Type C = Class E (6001-7000 lbs) GVWR / MPV /5 Door (Left Hand Drive)
6 Restraint System B = Manual Type 2 Seat Belts (Front Row, Center Row*2, Third Row*2) With Front Airbags, PODS, Side Inflatable Restraints
7 Battery Type E = Lithium Ion Battery - Electric
8 Motor/Drive Unit 4 = Performance Dual Motor - Three Phase A/C Induction
9 Check Character 3
10 Model Year G = 2016
11 Location of Manufacture F = Fremont, CA, USA
12 Build Phase Code S = Signature Series Vehicle
13-17 Serial Number Digits 00444

So it is being labelled a 2016. I hope that isn't prophetic. I'm still hoping for pre-Christmas delivery. Hopefully by 444 they have worked out all the reliability issues CR is claiming for the S. ;-)

Yesterday, Oct 22, we received our VIN number. We were Sig #1181 and got VIN 420. I am certain they are batching production. Silver, 6 white seats, standard tires, black headliner, Subzero, figured ash wood, Ludicrous, towing. I would have thought that ordering Silver would have put me to the back of the line, but I guess not. Go Tesla! Mac

Yesterday, Oct 22, we received our VIN number. We were Sig #1181 and got VIN 420. I am certain they are batching production. Silver, 6 white seats, standard tires, black headliner, Subzero, figured ash wood, Ludicrous, towing. I would have thought that ordering Silver would have put me to the back of the line, but I guess not. Go Tesla! Mac

I wonder if they intentionally gave you VIN 420 since you are in Colorado Springs. :frown:

Have any of you seen this really fun article from Business Insider that speculates that the Model X will become the ultimate self driving Tesla/Rental/Uber Taxi?
Elon Musk's clever methods for making humanity more advanced

http://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musks-sleight-of-hand-2015-10

He makes several points like the "invisible Chauffeur that opens your door based on your triangulated coordinates", passengers "Stowing" items under the 2nd row seats, easy egress, ect.
Something fun to think about while we wait.
:rolleyes: I was just thinking, A Person could pay for their car, someday by the car running people to the airport all night will they sleep, and be fully charged for going to work with several hundred $ of Rental credits having been added to their account that night. The bio-defense mode fully disinfects the car to remove any evidence of the previous passengers perfumes, colognes and germs. With the extra cash to pay for a few extra trips to have the car detailed, It just could be the new way of making "car usage", to be that much more efficient. Or not. :smile: Elon blows my mind with thoughts and images of an exciting future, for which I am Grateful!

Sorry about adding to the off topic "Trip mileage reduction." :smile:

Last edited:

I was just thinking, Bonnie could pay for her car, someday by her car running people to the airport all night will she sleeps, and be fully charged for going to work with several hundred $ of Rental credits having been added to her account that night.

Musk as said that the current Tesla don't have the hardware to do full autonomous driving. And this is from Mr. Optimism.

I don't think Bonnie needs extra car detailing money either.

I got stuck at the 'going to work' bit. I am trying to break that habit. And hey! I get excited by good deals. I was ridiculously pleased over hitting 5 referrals and qualifying for a Powerwall.

Last edited:
I got stuck at the 'going to work' bit. I am trying to break that habit. And hey! I get excited by good deals. I was ridiculously pleased over hitting 5 referrals and qualifying for a Powerwall.

I decided to edit my post and make it in terms of a generic example, to be more sensitive to referencing people I don't know, by name. I am new to forums and want to follow proper etiquette so please forgive my original reference.

Last edited: