Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boot liners [all models]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LukeT

Apr 9, 2019
UK
My shopping list expands...

Anyone use a bespoke boot liner?

My research brings me to Rhino, Titan, Hatchbag (not listed on their site but I think they're worth a call as the quality looks good) as decent options. They pretty much all cover folded down seats and bumper protection, so features fine but it's hard to judge between them on quality. I've ordered a Model S and I think it makes sense to buy such protection in advance.

I don't mind their prices and would probably use it a lot, so I think a made to measure one makes sense.

It's mainly for a dog but periodically for transporting mucky mountain bikes and the like.

Getting to the under floor boot section could be an issue but I figure they're all flexible enough for occasional access for charging stuff etc.

I guess floor mats also a question but I see some info on them and assume I'll buy tesla ones with the car.

Anyone use a bespoke boot liner?

The question might be better "Anyone who ought to use a boot liner" :)

Sent daughters 4x Summer Wheels (apparently my shed trumps her shed ...) via work yesterday. Only ever changed her Summer/Winters on the driveway here before, so never had to get them clean.

Car came back from work with my mower (yeah, same story) in the boot.

"Boot liner" would definitely be a good idea

I have a boot liner for my Model S from http://www.rhinouk.co.uk/.
It fits pretty well and there's an extension piece which will cover the entire rear space with seats folded down if required. It's easy to lift up to access the cellar area - I left some of the velco protector strips on so I'm not shredding the carpeting all the time. Same goes for the two deep pockets behind the rear wheels - the liner covers these but you can pull it back to squeeze extras in if required.

It's very good - durable and waterproof - if anything it's overkill for me - the extension for the folded seats has stayed in the frunk (where it provides a bit of extra lining there instead, I'm not sure if I ever bothered attaching it as I had enough sheets etc. for trips to the dump.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Good news. Thanks. I contacted Hatchbag and they now do one too. It looks like all options have to be lifted to access below, because a cutout would be too much of a compromise to waterproofing/strength.

I bought a hatchbag but it doesn't fit in my car. It's designed for older Model Ss without a subwoofer so it extends into a cavity I don't have. In case anyone else is looking at the same. So I'll have to send it back and choose another option.

Anyone tried these from Amazon?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07X5K57GB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A17Q1VECR9SXR3&psc=1

Not a bad price for the set of three but I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar and all that!

I seem to have the same boot line but from an eBay seller, and it fits and looks OK. The only problem I found was that the boot liner was folded up and creased when it arrived, and I had to leave it laid flat in the house for a few hours to get the creases out.

Looks better than I thought it would, TBH. I bought the three mats separately (first two sellers decided they could only supply a frunk mat, or the lower boot mat, not the boot liner). The boot liner I bought was this one for £25: Tailored Cargo Boot TPE Mat Liner Rear Trunk Floor Tray For Tesla Model 3 | eBay

The lower boot liner is useful when stowing wet and muddy charge cables, but I'm not convinced that the frunk one is, a carpet one might be better there, as it's already well sealed by the plastic liner.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W. and Gatsojon
I seem to have the same boot line but from an eBay seller, and it fits and looks OK. The only problem I found was that the boot liner was folded up and creased when it arrived, and I had to leave it laid flat in the house for a few hours to get the creases out.

Looks better than I thought it would, TBH. I bought the three mats separately (first two sellers decided they could only supply a frunk mat, or the lower boot mat, not the boot liner). The boot liner I bought was this one for £25: Tailored Cargo Boot TPE Mat Liner Rear Trunk Floor Tray For Tesla Model 3 | eBay

The lower boot liner is useful when stowing wet and muddy charge cables, but I'm not convinced that the frunk one is, a carpet one might be better there, as it's already well sealed by the plastic liner.

Many thanks and your eBay supplier is cheaper!

the price seems to have gone up a lot. I bought one for £9.99 in November and it's perfectly adequate.
The same one are now selling for £37!
Car Rear Boot Liner Cargo Tray Trunk Mat Floor Carpet Cover For Tesla Model 3 | eBay

edit
actually having checked again other sellers are better now and UK based:
this one is only £16 for the exact same one
Trunk Tray Boot Cargo Liner Floor Mat Carpet Pad Cover For Tesla Model 3 * | eBay
Just about to purchase this, is it still holding up ok?

I’ll only be throwing the pram in it so doesn’t need to be too thick.

Hopefully the refresh model hasn’t got any minor changes to the boot like the trunk has had recently and it fits

I bought on amazon on medved77's recommendation from thread called 'what did you do to your tesla today' and its really great - laser measured and fits my July 2020 built (sept 20 delivery) model 3 perfectly - looks a bit like bricks - and its so durable & looks like it came with the car - really impressed - it was £79.99 but I do really love it

boot one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083TN1YR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I bought this one afterwards for the frunk;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089N8D436/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and these for interior which suddenly seemed very under protected!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082KH1LSB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1