Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston Parking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Resurrecting an old thread. Going to be in Boston Back Bay this weekend for a couple of nights. Have a couple of parking options: Clarendon Street Garage (100 Clarendon), Copley Place Central Garage, Prudential Central Garage, etc. Any suggestions for leaving a Model S overnight for two nights? Not worrying about charging during the stay, just safety of leaving the car unattended for 48 hours. Thanks!

The Pru is probably better than 100 Clarendon for safety but the Pru has a 4 hour charging limit. I haven't parked at Copley Place recently but if its an underground garage I think it is as safe as the Pru.

One of my co-workers parks his hybrid nightly at 100 Clarendon. He lets me borrow his access card when I have a function in Boston (twice in 2 years). He has never complained about security but, again it is a generic hybrid, not a Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: redan
I don't think I'd worry about any of them, but note that Pru and Copley (above and below ground, but fully enclosed) both have attached residences, hotels, retail and offices, so there is likely more 24-hour activity. I don't know much about 100 Clarendon.

For future trips, I just put my Cambridge apartment with off-street parking and solar-powered 240v NEMA 14-50 on Plugshare and Airbnb (charging only for Airbnb guests). :)
Spacious Cambridge 2-br by Harvard/Lesley - Apartments for Rent in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States

Resurrecting an old thread. Going to be in Boston Back Bay this weekend for a couple of nights. Have a couple of parking options: Clarendon Street Garage (100 Clarendon), Copley Place Central Garage, Prudential Central Garage, etc. Any suggestions for leaving a Model S overnight for two nights? Not worrying about charging during the stay, just safety of leaving the car unattended for 48 hours. Thanks!

All three of those garages are safe and well lit.

That being said, I'd highly recommend checking out SpotHero if you haven't used it before. I just started using it last week - amazing! Prepaid parking in garages via app for a big discount and guaranteed space. SpotHero's the best! Use my code for $5 in FREE parking.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Thanks all, I wound up going with 100 Clarendon and parked on the second floor by the elevators, right next to the reserved spots and just one floor up from the office. It appears they have someone on site 24x7 and a load of cameras, so I felt comfortable leaving the car there. I'd have no hesitation parking there overnight on a future trip. And @Hota, I did wind up using SpotHero for a $51 rate ($5 off) for 48 hours, which was at least a 50% discount off the rates of the other two garages I was considering. So I agree, a good deal.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler and Hota