Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BP Pulse price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the sub for about a month to use the 50kw chargers and worked out that i needed to consume approx 79kwh to break even with the sub + 15p/kwh vs the app @ 25p/kwh with no sub.

Now you need to consume nearly 200kwh (approx 800miles?) to break even using just the 50kw chargers.

It feels like BP dont want people to subscribe anymore.

They’ve put them up already
BF30CA25-404A-4034-A511-0E86F062B5C9.png

In the next handful of years it will cost the same to charge your car as what it costs at the fuel pumps. Public charging seems to be increasing quarterly, and it won’t be that far away where governments start to implement a taxing model to replace what they lose from Vat on fuel.

Absolutely agree. Only a few years it will cost similar if not more than petrol to charge a car on the go. Prices rises, taxation etc. Only hope domestic prices stay reasonable as I mainly home charge anyway. If range increases then on the go charging is even less an issue. Rather not line the pockets of BP etc.

In the next handful of years it will cost the same to charge your car as what it costs at the fuel pumps. Public charging seems to be increasing quarterly, and it won’t be that far away where governments start to implement a taxing model to replace what they lose from Vat on fuel.
Government will need to do something... Its not the VAT, but the 57p per litre duty on liquid fuels, they don't get (Then VAT on the duty, so tax on tax)... Public charging has VAT at 20% already.

It was good while it lasted..

Government will need to do something... Its not the VAT, but the 57p per litre duty on liquid fuels, they don't get (Then VAT on the duty, so tax on tax)... Public charging has VAT at 20% already.

Ay, Lad. 'N' when gov decides dangers of magnetic fields and GPS signals is too polluting y'all 'l wish y'ud stuck with safe diesel an' a map book. Mark me word's ya whippersnappers. I remembers the real good ol' days when petol were less than five shillin's a galleon 'n' A1 was fastest road wi' it's overtaking lane in't middle. Aye that were fun in rain and fog wiping condensation off inside screen wi' an ol' rag and 'ammering on't' B pillar to get overtaking arrow out..... No demister on't rear window and wing mirrors were only on luxury cars..:D😈

No they don't 'need to do something'. Anything other than VAT and Income Tax exist purely to make people do the right thing. Buying petrol and diesel wasn't the right thing so they taxed it. This is like saying that as less people smoke we will need to invent a way to tax breathing clean air. I head that lots of young folks don't drink alcohol, more tax needed on water.

All the fuel duty we pay contributes 28.4Bn of the 848Bn annual tax collection, about 3%. Just spread that around more fairly. Tax other things we shouldn't be doing, like Aviation fuel, companies like Amazon, Apple etc.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Wonder if they will now be starting to use the ev charging profits on these ev chargers to subsidise the petrol pumps as fewer and fewer people are using those in lockdown and going forwards!

I'm pretty sure the petrol pumps are not going to be unused, subsidised relics for quite a long time yet...
BP have just put planning in for a brand spanking new petrol station on a field around the corner from me with only 2 EV points mentioned in the plans. So BP are not going all in on EVs just yet…

Ay, Lad. 'N' when gov decides dangers of magnetic fields and GPS signals is too polluting y'all 'l wish y'ud stuck with safe diesel an' a map book. Mark me word's ya whippersnappers. I remembers the real good ol' days when petol were less than five shillin's a galleon 'n' A1 was fastest road wi' it's overtaking lane in't middle. Aye that were fun in rain and fog wiping condensation off inside screen wi' an ol' rag and 'ammering on't' B pillar to get overtaking arrow out..... No demister on't rear window and wing mirrors were only on luxury cars..:D😈
You had indicators! …luxury. I had a kick start under the bonnet, no drivers door and single wiper with a manual override hand operated lever. ;)

You had indicators! …luxury. I had a kick start under the bonnet, no drivers door and single wiper with a manual override hand operated lever. ;)
Yup! For £27.10s secondhand ya got a lot of sophistication - cable and drum brakes, quarterlight windows and roof gutters ya could clamp a rack to and metal thick enough ya could stand on it. Better yet a starting handle so battery was optional apart from nuisance if'n ya stalled at the lights and took the flack from other motorists while ya got out to wind her up again. I did have to modify the floor pan with drill holes to let the puddle water out that came in through the engine bay. I doubt your lack of drivers door was original equipment unless it was a 2CV with chains.....:cool:

Ugh it’s a fragmented mess, that’s only going to cost more in the future. Tesla please keep your chargers for Tesla’s only.

Surely Tesla wouldn’t even consider opening up the supercharger network to other EVs? It’s a huge differentiator and probably the main reason I will stick with Tesla beyond my current Model 3 rather than switch to an alternative EV, even if some of the alternative EVs may actually suit my needs better ie Ioniq 5 for it’s hatchback. If Tesla opened up their network the risk of owners like me switching to alternative EVs is pretty high I think.