Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake vs. Break - grammar lesson

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were times when I spotted spelling or grammar mistakes in my own posts after reading them later on, but for some odd reason this forum locks you out of the ability to edit after a certain time. What gives?
I believe that the grace period for editing your own post is 30 minutes. Which should give you enough time to re-read what you just posted to make sure that it's really what you meant.

The most absurd case I saw was from a lawsuit filed by a guy because his Tesla was damaged due to autopilot or sth. His page long description of the accident was filled with "break" all over the place, not a single word of "brake" as far as I could remember.

The theme of this topic for automotive discussions...

#1: Braking Good

#2:
bb1.jpg

Last edited:
Trivia - President Theodore Roosevelt pushed to simplify the English language spelling at the turn of the 20th century. See Simplified Spelling Board founded by Andrew Carnegie.

Obviously it failed. We want to have the most mangled spelling of any language.

Pretty sure 95% of people who use the wrong your, their or brake know the correct usage and are just typing fast and make a mistake that doesn't get corrected. Not a big deal.
This is exactly why I pick up no stone to toss on homophones, homonyms, and other mistypings. There but for the grace of a good night's sleep and well behaved autocorrect go I.

d-photo-u1.jpeg