Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Model S quality issues take months to resolve

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to finish this thread, my car is now almost complete, Tesla has fixed everything they could (incl. alignment and paint problems), I've got a nearly perfect (but still spider webby) new hood and Tesla is yet to send me the check for the scratched tint and my agreed 4 years of service plan as a means of paying back for the hassle. All these were agreed previously but somehow not get completed for months now. Will keep on hassling them :)

Reactions: jelloslug
Just to finish this thread, my car is now almost complete, Tesla has fixed everything they could (incl. alignment and paint problems), I've got a nearly perfect (but still spider webby) new hood and Tesla is yet to send me the check for the scratched tint and my agreed 4 years of service plan as a means of paying back for the hassle. All these were agreed previously but somehow not get completed for months now. Will keep on hassling them :)

For your photo IMG_7474.JPG, is this at the forward part of the front doors, near the A pillar? Mine looks the same, like a piece of cheap window insulation from Home Depot is stuck on the door. Did they do anything to improve it?

img_7474-jpg.197582

For your photo IMG_7474.JPG, is this at the forward part of the front doors, near the A pillar? Mine looks the same, like a piece of cheap window insulation from Home Depot is stuck on the door. Did they do anything to improve it?

img_7474-jpg.197582

Sorry, only just saw this. They didn't improve much on this. Basically take it off and try to restick it in a somewhat more controlled manner :D

• Informative
Reactions: MS16
I waited in line for my M3 reservation and have always wanted a Tesla. I'm almost positive I'm going to cancel my order at this point. The amount of issues with these cars and the time it takes to get them fixed now when the M3 isn't even out is troubling. Also they are rushing to get the car made without much testing. I'm realizing having owned many Lexus and being used to quality built cars I'm not sure I can handle spending 60k on a car that without a doubt will be at the service center. I have waited years to buy a Tesla but it seems like I might wait a few more to see if they get the issues solved.

You couldn't give me a Lexus. Every car maker has stories like these. Porsche had a casting problem and was blowing motors in the recent past. I will take innovation and automotive "soul" over precision Toyota "transport pods" any day. And I am not alone. Lexus/Toyota makes me gag!