Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breed of dog Tesla Owners and Fans have.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Golden

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    687.4 KB · Views: 59
I just caught up on this thread and comments.

Sluggo thanks you all for the rep points awarded - I guess his 'begging' worked!

Right now he is without his favorite spot as we are now in between Tesla's, having traded in my 2013 Model S 85 for a new 85D - estimated end of February/March. I am looking for a new blanket to cushion him from the yacht floor ridges :smile:.

We are on our first road trip with our new 85D, Big Red (autopilot is great!) and Sluggo has found his favorite spot again. With my knee conveniently positioned for him to rest on :).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Somewhat related to this thread, but certainly to dogs in cars... I've always been concerned about what would happen to my dog in a collision. Not just to him, but also to me or other passengers if he was bouncing around the cabin. After some research, I came to the conclusion that most of the doggy seat belt devices out there are pure garbage... except for one. The Center for Pet Safety wrote up their test results here: http://centerforpetsafety.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2013_cps_harness_study_summary_final.pdf
The only harness that passed the test was the Sleepypod Clickit Utility.

They have since updated the 'utility' with the 'sport', which is apparently easier to get onto the dog... an requires less fiddling with the belt etc (no child seat tethers any longer). I bought one a few months ago and am happy with the construction. My Dood?? Not so much... he liked the freedom to roam around the back seat! But he's stuck wearing it now.

Obviously, I have no connection with the supplier. Just wanted to share in case others want to get their dog into a harness system.