Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brooklyn/NYC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked mine up at the service center. They are delivering 36 vehicles a day so they are quite busy. The car is almost perfect with small imperfections in three places: 1) a chipped off paint on a corner rear panel 2) plastic thing under the 2nd row chair broke off as I slide the seat forward and 3) a tiny dent near the headlight panels that's somewhat hidden. None I would reject delivery for so I just take it and document them.

Reactions: telsasan
I took delivery Monday 9/27
Upon arriving I checked in and was asked to walk to the back to the “owner’s lounge”. Nothing fancy. They had coffee and smal fridge for drinks was empty. I chatted with an owner with model 3 having service. Before I even had a minute to chat, my SA called me. We walked out lounge and took elevator upstairs where I signed some docs.
All the cars are upstairs and was charging. Mine was charged to 90%. The space was dark and tight. We drove car downstairs where SA parked car on street while I did my inspection.

car was very good. The frunk wasn’t quite even on both sides and the charge port panel was a bit low and not flush. SA said it was in spec and normal. When I got home I submitted service ticket and moments later Telsa said same within spec.
As I was installing my mud flaps I noticed the rear plastic cover under car near my tow hitch was missing two bolts. I submitted a ticket to get it fixed. That ticket was confirmed in 2 weeks but no spots in Brooklyn will be doing it at Princeton service center.
Today 9/28 a day later I’m having my car all windows and rear windshield tinted. $500 Xpel prime. Doing 70% for all. Back seat and rear windshield already pretty dark.

license plates and my inspection sticker was provided. Glad to answer any questions

I took delivery Monday 9/27
Upon arriving I checked in and was asked to walk to the back to the “owner’s lounge”. Nothing fancy. They had coffee and smal fridge for drinks was empty. I chatted with an owner with model 3 having service. Before I even had a minute to chat, my SA called me. We walked out lounge and took elevator upstairs where I signed some docs.
All the cars are upstairs and was charging. Mine was charged to 90%. The space was dark and tight. We drove car downstairs where SA parked car on street while I did my inspection.

car was very good. The frunk wasn’t quite even on both sides and the charge port panel was a bit low and not flush. SA said it was in spec and normal. When I got home I submitted service ticket and moments later Telsa said same within spec.
As I was installing my mud flaps I noticed the rear plastic cover under car near my tow hitch was missing two bolts. I submitted a ticket to get it fixed. That ticket was confirmed in 2 weeks but no spots in Brooklyn will be doing it at Princeton service center.
Today 9/28 a day later I’m having my car all windows and rear windshield tinted. $500 Xpel prime. Doing 70% for all. Back seat and rear windshield already pretty dark.

license plates and my inspection sticker was provided. Glad to answer any questions
How do you get a response from the service team regarding your ticket so fast? I scheduled my appointment 2 days ago and no one responded yet. I was hoping they could address my minor cosmetics through mobile service instead of going all the way to their Brooklyn Service Center.

How do you get a response from the service team regarding your ticket so fast? I scheduled my appointment 2 days ago and no one responded yet. I was hoping they could address my minor cosmetics through mobile service instead of going all the way to their Brooklyn Service Center.
This was a service request and not mobile which may be reason. They just rejected the service and closed my ticket

I saw a big rig carrying at least 8 new Telsas (mostly Model Y's and diff colors) driving across Canal St. Probably on it's way to Brooklyn, or somewhere in Long Island? I would've snapped a pic, but couldn't get it in time. Good luck folks!

So it finally happened, after 115 days finally got the VIN! MF296 VIN number. Now I’m just waiting for the call to schedule the pick up, as of right now the EDD window is 10/27-10/31.
Congrats!

I was rear ended four days after I got my car by young kid who wasn't paying attention as I was waiting at a red light. Rear bumper damaged. It was 4 weeks to get earliest appointment. The repairs expected to cost 5-10K. I was not at fault per my insurance.

• Disagree
Reactions: telsasan