Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BTX8 battery-code on a 75D... or is it a 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered this week in Swtizerland a new S75D...
So it seems to show a BTX5, no luck then?

For now. You also have the BR00 non upgradable code. But it may come with the larger battery anyway. Do we know when those who first got the BTX8 first noticed it? If I were Tesla I would definitely be putting the newer battery in inventory cars in case they sat in inventory past a new 75 to 85 announcement. Do they have inventory cars you can check?

Which means?
You still think it may mean the upgraded battery? So it would be link to another code?
No you have two codes that mean the old battery for now. BTX8 batteries also have BR05, meaning upgradable, instead of BR00.

Your Reservation Number (RN) is also in that URL. You might want to consider removing it.
Agreed. As a new free member you only have a few minutes to edit your post. I also requested a moderator edit it.

Do they have inventory cars you can check?
Actually I figured this out. Looks like all the cars in Swiss inventory are listed as BTX5, but only two of the nine cars in Norway have the old battery.

Last edited:
Actually I figured this out. Looks like all the cars in Swiss inventory are listed as BTX5, as are all the cars in Norway. Kind of suspicious. I wonder if some of those cars are really BTX8 and Tesla didn't want them listed as such online after this discussion.

Does it have something to do with the fact that Swiss and Norway cars seem to be the only one with direct import in Europe?

Here is a fun trick. Follow the link to the UK inventory cars that are 75Ds:
Buy a new Tesla today | Tesla UK

Now follow the link to all the inventory cars in the UK and notice how many are 75s:
(Outside of the UK you have to manually insert ?redirect=no into the URL)
Buy a new Tesla today | Tesla UK

Why is that? Well it is because Tesla knows they are 85s as they all have BTX8 and BR05 codes.

I am going to setup a poll in the UK forum to see how long they think it takes to fix that.

Does it have something to do with the fact that Swiss and Norway cars seem to be the only one with direct import in Europe?
I don't think has to do with that. Your BTX5 was probably just built and shipped before they started using the BTX8 option.

I looked at TeslaInventory.com and saw there are lots of BTX8 cars in GB, DE and NO (in that order) and pretty much every other European country. There are even a handful in Switzerland already but they are inactive:
5YJSA7E28HF203403, 5YJSA7E26HF203416, 5YJXCCE27HF053003, 5YJXCCE23HF054861, 5YJXCCE25HF054862

I don't think has to do with that. Your BTX5 was probably just built and shipped before they started using the BTX8 option.

I looked at TeslaInventory.com and saw there are lots of BTX8 cars in GB, DE and NO (in that order) and pretty much every other European country. There are even a handful in Switzerland already but they are inactive:
5YJSA7E28HF203403, 5YJSA7E26HF203416, 5YJXCCE27HF053003, 5YJXCCE23HF054861, 5YJXCCE25HF054862
I have edited my original post after realizing that the Telsa pulldown menu for choosing inventory 75Ds only lists the vehicles with BTX5 batteries and not the vehicles with BTX8 vehicles.

Where do you see the battery code?

My car is not built, i just ordered it this week !!!
So it will probably be manufacture in the coming weeks...
That is why i am surprised.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
My car is not built, i just ordered it this week
If you haven't finalized your order then find an inventory vehicle and see if your sales representative will let you take that instead. Sometimes in the US you can get discounts on features by taking one from inventory that is different than the one you ordered. And in this case you get a bigger battery.

If you haven't finalized your order then find an inventory vehicle and see if your sales representative will let you take that instead. Sometimes in the US you can get discounts on features by taking one from inventory that is different than the one you ordered. And in this case you get a bigger battery.

ah ok, I understand what you meant. Yeah, of course.
But the thing is that, first, there are only in the same price range (92 000 CHF) or more expensive (99 000) 2 Tesla S 90D of 1 year and a half ago, one with seat color I do not like and the other with 21" wheels. The big wheels adds 6% of consumption whereas the 90D is given with only 14% more autonomy so at the end, if this is to gain 8%, have only the AP1 that will not really evolve and a 18 old months car, it does not really worth it.

But the big issue is that they do not promise any lease on those cars, I have to finance them by myself. Here, I got a leasing with a 0,25% rate by Tesla so basically 0.
With the high residual value, and the first big payment I am doing (23k), I have only 660 CHF / month which is low and there is no way I could get a loan that would give me so low mensuality.

The last point is that, honestly, now, with Air Suspension, Winter Pack which are included and the performance that is matching the 90-100D, there is little point to choose for a 90D at such a high price (100D is another story though).