Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BTX8 Software Unlock 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All - I am one of the few who had my 75D delivered with an 85 pack.

Interested to know whether anyone in a similar situation has requested to have the full capacity unlocked? If so how much did it cost/ was it worth it?

You have to check the option code or the sticker under the wheel well.

My guess is they will never be unlocked.

I am super curious at the first BTX8 battery failure, do they replace it with a 90? A 100? And would it still lock to 75? I bet it would. And I doubt they would ever put a 75 back.

BTX8 is a gem. Nice to supercharge at 400v.

• Helpful
Reactions: JammyP
How can you tell if it has an 85 pack in it?

I got supercharging speeds of 118KW - checked the option codes and had BTX8.

I am super curious at the first BTX8 battery failure, do they replace it with a 90? A 100? And would it still lock to 75? I bet it would. And I doubt they would ever put a 75 back.

Guess it would be a 100 pack now? For sure it would be locked down though.

You should definitely ask... Worst they can do is say no.

Personally, I'd be happy with the faster supercharging times and ability to charge to 100% daily without negative consequences and just live with the pack as is though ;-)

The "software" to unlock the pack of course already exists; in fact they had to write extra code so they could limit your car to 75kWh... "Unlocking" it just means turning that new code off.

Which wheel well?

I have a used 75 and don't have access to the option codes.

Which wheel well?

I have a used 75 and don't have access to the option codes.
Label is in driver side wheel well on my RHD BTX8 75D. Not easy to see, may need to turn the wheel (I can't remember which way, not at car right now). The serial number gives the year and month of battery manufacture thus: T17Ennnnnnnn - May 2017 for mine ( car is June 2017). A=Jan, B=Feb etc.

The app Remote S gives the option codes. Tap on the Remote S heading at top of screen, scroll down to bottom and tap Copy Vehicles data. It then displays what I believe but can't verify is the complete option code list.

Yes, the sticker is on the right side. Turn the wheel all way to the left and use a phone to take a picture. The BTX8 battery model number matches the P85 battery.

The BTX8 has higher power output and therefore better high speed passing performance than the 75 as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: namikun
Yes, the sticker is on the right side. Turn the wheel all way to the left and use a phone to take a picture. The BTX8 battery model number matches the P85 battery.

The BTX8 has higher power output and therefore better high speed passing performance than the 75 as well.

I just stumbled across my original purchase invoice and have noticed the BTX8 has its own line on the invoice as if it was an option?? Is this normal? Do other variants have this split out?

Attachments

• D551A640-696F-4F7E-B8D3-F25849871FCC.jpeg
    D551A640-696F-4F7E-B8D3-F25849871FCC.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 200
Hello,
I'm looking at some used 75D's, is there any way to figure out does the car have the BTX8 pack, bar asking the owner to take a picture of the sticker in the right side wheel well? Can the VIN be decoded or something?

Just got 131KW on my pack. First time I’ve had this high - I don’t seem to be limited yet either even though I have nearly 50k miles and a lot of that is supercharging. Just thought I’d post for info...

Attachments

• B9AB593B-164C-40FF-861E-D2C6AECA077B.jpeg
    B9AB593B-164C-40FF-861E-D2C6AECA077B.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: appleguru
Just got 131KW on my pack. First time I’ve had this high - I don’t seem to be limited yet either even though I have nearly 50k miles and a lot of that is supercharging. Just thought I’d post for info...

I hit 125kW on my actual 75 (350V) pack last week. They've definitely been ramping up max charge rates with the recent updates (when my car was new it never went above 98kW).