TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Budget Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Tslanwbie, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Tslanwbie

Tslanwbie Member

Folks... I am looking to order a MS60 while keeping the lease payment <1000.

Here are my options - midnight silver, ultra white, EAP, FSD, bodycolor roof.

Would you recommend a glass roof? Will I miss the PUP? Finally, does anyone have experience with the textile seats, I did not get to see one anywhere in the Bay Area....

Thanks!

2. OBX John

OBX John Autonomous Driving Enthusiast

Definitely get the glass roof. It makes the car feel so much more open. Skip the FSD on a lease, it makes no sense when you will be paying for something that might take years to be delivered.

I don't miss the PUP. I do miss a subwoofer. Wish I'd gotten the UHF.

Since I'm 6'7", the extra headroom I get from my Pano is pretty much mandatory, and the glass roof is even more open.

• Like x 1
  3. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Consider a CPO? My payment is well under 1000.00

4. Tslanwbie

Tslanwbie Member

1. I am hoping the FSD comes up in about 6 to 12 months. Problem is this - If I buy it now it will cost 3000*0.4 = 1200$, If I add it later it will be 4000$

2. I am struggling with the Glass roof option as well :) I hate the heat so was wondering if the glass will make the car hot.

5. Tslanwbie

Tslanwbie Member

I am a little too fixated on Enhanced AutoPilot and FSD ;-)

6. OBX John

OBX John Autonomous Driving Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm struggling with whether to pay the $3000 now on the 100D we'll be buying soon since my wife took my car, or wait and pay the $4000 when FSD becomes viable. Having driven quite a few local miles with the 35mph autosteer... I'm NOT optimistic about FSD. It's a very, very difficult problem, and AP2 can only handle a gentle curve right now. I'm hoping to see a single FSD feature within 12 months, like not having to hold the wheel, but I doubt there will be significant progress until maybe two years from now. Believe me, I want it to work as badly as anyone - pretty much the entire reason I bought my MS 60.

I have not noticed any heat from the glass, I think the coatings are fairly effective at reducing the infrared spectrum.

• Like x 1
  7. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Skip full self driving, its not even available yet and i dont forsee it being available for at least 8-12+ months.

For the record i bought my car on an 84 month loan and the payments are less than $1000/month. Leasing wasn't an option for me because i drive more than 15,000 miles a year.

A lot of people prefer the textile over the leather seats, but its all personal. They're high quality textile, not cheap stuff in a honda. You can probably survive without the PUP, its mostly convenience features like power hatch and some pretty LED lights.

• Like x 2
  8. theheff

theheff Member

There are several AP2 cars available from Tesla's inventory. I almost bought one myself, but opted for a 100D from the factory a couple months ago. Check out what's available on teslainventory.com