Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Budget Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks... I am looking to order a MS60 while keeping the lease payment <1000.

Here are my options - midnight silver, ultra white, EAP, FSD, bodycolor roof.

Would you recommend a glass roof? Will I miss the PUP? Finally, does anyone have experience with the textile seats, I did not get to see one anywhere in the Bay Area....

Thanks!

Definitely get the glass roof. It makes the car feel so much more open. Skip the FSD on a lease, it makes no sense when you will be paying for something that might take years to be delivered.

I don't miss the PUP. I do miss a subwoofer. Wish I'd gotten the UHF.

Since I'm 6'7", the extra headroom I get from my Pano is pretty much mandatory, and the glass roof is even more open.

Reactions: gabeincal
Definitely get the glass roof. It makes the car feel so much more open. Skip the FSD on a lease, it makes no sense when you will be paying for something that might take years to be delivered.

I don't miss the PUP. I do miss a subwoofer. Wish I'd gotten the UHF.

Since I'm 6'7", the extra headroom I get from my Pano is pretty much mandatory, and the glass roof is even more open.

1. I am hoping the FSD comes up in about 6 to 12 months. Problem is this - If I buy it now it will cost 3000*0.4 = 1200$, If I add it later it will be 4000$

2. I am struggling with the Glass roof option as well :) I hate the heat so was wondering if the glass will make the car hot.

1. I am hoping the FSD comes up in about 6 to 12 months. Problem is this - If I buy it now it will cost 3000*0.4 = 1200$, If I add it later it will be 4000$

2. I am struggling with the Glass roof option as well :) I hate the heat so was wondering if the glass will make the car hot.

Yeah, I'm struggling with whether to pay the $3000 now on the 100D we'll be buying soon since my wife took my car, or wait and pay the $4000 when FSD becomes viable. Having driven quite a few local miles with the 35mph autosteer... I'm NOT optimistic about FSD. It's a very, very difficult problem, and AP2 can only handle a gentle curve right now. I'm hoping to see a single FSD feature within 12 months, like not having to hold the wheel, but I doubt there will be significant progress until maybe two years from now. Believe me, I want it to work as badly as anyone - pretty much the entire reason I bought my MS 60.

I have not noticed any heat from the glass, I think the coatings are fairly effective at reducing the infrared spectrum.

Reactions: gabeincal
Skip full self driving, its not even available yet and i dont forsee it being available for at least 8-12+ months.

For the record i bought my car on an 84 month loan and the payments are less than $1000/month. Leasing wasn't an option for me because i drive more than 15,000 miles a year.

A lot of people prefer the textile over the leather seats, but its all personal. They're high quality textile, not cheap stuff in a honda. You can probably survive without the PUP, its mostly convenience features like power hatch and some pretty LED lights.