Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buffy, err Cyclone, The Tesla Slayer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cyclone

Cyclonic Member ((.oO))
Jan 12, 2015
Charlotte, NC
A bit of humor to cheer your day...

Some of the area owners consider me a Tesla Slayer now given my recent track record with loaners.

Back in late November, my car went in for service and I got a loaner with 21" wheels. Well, at 6 pm after work was finished, I go to leave and the loaner has a warning about tires being severely low pressure, pull over. I get out and see one wheel is completely flat. Being a loaner, I did not have my tire pump with me and had a friend who lived nearby come in and let me use his. Didn't work. Ultimately had Tesla arrange a tow (backed up and wouldn't occur till next day). In the morning, Tesla brought me my car and on the way to work, I saw the loaner on a flatbed heading towards service.
IMG_4431.JPG

Last week, my seat and door handle needed service, and I got a P85D loaner. The car was fun, but the next-gen seats rubbed against the armrest and squeaked and squeaked and squeaked. While heading out for dinner with friends, it rained hard and my front-seat passenger yelled out as water started pouring on him through the sunroof.

Today, my screen is being replaced for the dreaded bubbles and I was not 6 miles away (5.5 I believe) from the service center when the loaner popped up:
  • Contact Tesla Service
  • Reduced Power
  • Regenerative Braking Reduced
  • Car May Not Restart
Thankfully, it got me to work just fine. Tesla checked remotely and thinks a reboot would solve it, but didn't want to risk it. Since they don't have another loaner available, they will flatbed my car to work and tow the loaner back.

Hopefully the next time I need service they will still give me a loaner!!!! :)