TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Buffy, err Cyclone, The Tesla Slayer

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Cyclone, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

A bit of humor to cheer your day...

Some of the area owners consider me a Tesla Slayer now given my recent track record with loaners.

Back in late November, my car went in for service and I got a loaner with 21" wheels. Well, at 6 pm after work was finished, I go to leave and the loaner has a warning about tires being severely low pressure, pull over. I get out and see one wheel is completely flat. Being a loaner, I did not have my tire pump with me and had a friend who lived nearby come in and let me use his. Didn't work. Ultimately had Tesla arrange a tow (backed up and wouldn't occur till next day). In the morning, Tesla brought me my car and on the way to work, I saw the loaner on a flatbed heading towards service.
    IMG_4431.JPG

Last week, my seat and door handle needed service, and I got a P85D loaner. The car was fun, but the next-gen seats rubbed against the armrest and squeaked and squeaked and squeaked. While heading out for dinner with friends, it rained hard and my front-seat passenger yelled out as water started pouring on him through the sunroof.

Today, my screen is being replaced for the dreaded bubbles and I was not 6 miles away (5.5 I believe) from the service center when the loaner popped up:
    • Contact Tesla Service
    • Reduced Power
    • Regenerative Braking Reduced
    • Car May Not Restart
    Thankfully, it got me to work just fine. Tesla checked remotely and thinks a reboot would solve it, but didn't want to risk it. Since they don't have another loaner available, they will flatbed my car to work and tow the loaner back.

Hopefully the next time I need service they will still give me a loaner!!!! :)

• Funny x 3
  2. AustinP

AustinP Member

Good story, like your positive mood in face of all this :)

3. Cyclone

The curse continues! I hadn't even left the service bay with my loaner today!

IMG_5588.JPG IMG_5589.JPG

Tesla said to just drive out and it would hopefully go away after sitting at work. We shall see. Hopefully!

4. Max*

Max* Banned

Remind me to never let you near my car ;).

• Funny x 1
  5. Cyclone

Lol! Ironically, I've driven those (and ridden in) of a couple on the forum here and thankfully, no problems.

And great news, 80 miles into my 600 mile day, I was greeted with this...
    IMG_5596.JPG