Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Build quality -- the fascia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But did you notice in the video, near the end, when he punched the accelerator? He giggled. I don't blame him; one of the reasons that I haven't, and won't, put up the video that I took during our drive is that it's full of me giggling in the background. Yes, the Model S turned me into a 5 year old again!

I noticed that he wore the EV grin the whole time he was behind the wheel. It didn't stop him from being superior and above it all in his review. What a tool.

Anybody care to link the article/video that everyone's taken such umbrage with?

From the Edmunds article:
2012 Tesla Model S First Drive
Our test cars were early examples, but there were noticeable squeaks from the fascia over rough terrain, suggesting the build processes may also need some fine-tuning. If Tesla is serious about building "the best car in the world," these are details it must get right. Early adopters may be a forgiving bunch, but reputations stick

Edmonds may have a little of the Jalopnik Syndrome;

Although journalists were invited to sample the Model S, there were no extended test-drives, no instrumented testing and no real-world testing of the electric sedan's range. Instead, our time with the car was limited to short 10-minute stints behind the wheel on specified roads. If the Model S truly is one of the best cars in the world, then why won't Musk allow the car's performance to prove it?

Edmonds said:
If the Model S truly is one of the best cars in the world, then why won't Musk allow the car's performance to prove it?

Um, because there are just a handful of cars that are not betas, and those of us who ponied up $40K or $5K for a reservation as much as 3 or more years ago have priority over you.

Geez some of these reporters are complete morons.

Um, because there are just a handful of cars that are not betas, and those of us who ponied up $40K or $5K for a reservation as much as 3 or more years ago have priority over you.

Geez some of these reporters are complete morons.

I'd say that is a fair question. I understand your position as well.

In terms of being morons...some maybe. Others probably move from one assignment to the other without a break.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2