Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy/Borrow a frunk liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heyas - I’m in St. Louis, reservation holder but probably cannot commit until November, and I need a frunk.

I’ve tried to buy a frunk liner by calling both Tesla and Tesla authorized body shops. The same response three times: please provide a vin. If anybody knows of a way I can purchase this part let me know :)

In the event I cannot buy one, I’d like to perform a measurement/procedure which will entirely non-distructive but will take a few hours. If anybody from the St. Louis region would like to discuss, message me. It will be more than worth your while and you will not be able to tell anything occurred once complete.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Inquiring minds want to know more...

- DIY upgrade to AWD?
- Expansion of frunk size to hide a human adult body?
- Installation of a laser blaster for clearing away traffic?
- What's the "worth your while" reward?

P.S. What's preventing you from obtaining a valid VIN from some other vehicle? Besides honesty?

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte and Runt8

- DIY upgrade to AWD?

P.S. What's preventing you from obtaining a valid VIN from some other vehicle? Besides honesty?
I've always wanted a giant pancake flipper for slow cars in the left lane...

- DIY upgrade to AWD?

I’m molding the interior of the frunk so I can make myself a fiberglass cooler that is form fitting.

I’m offering either the cost of the frunk that I’d pay Tesla or a cooler to make the mold.

I think it would be nice to have an insulated space in the car - good for errands, road trips, etc. Going to try and get the finish to match the exterior paint.

Reactions: MP3Mike

- DIY upgrade to AWD?

And to the last question: honesty.

Didn’t want some random having this part order attached to their car. Seems rude.

- DIY upgrade to AWD?

Indeed. And folks think there's no downside to posting the full VIN# online :eek:

That sounds like a very interesting mod. Come up with a cool name and register it as a trademark. In some other thread here I thought about turning the center console storage area into a small cooler in order to transport a quart container of ice cream.

We’ve talked about making them for the public but they’re extremely labor intensive and require a lot of PPE (fiberglass has its requirements, and epoxy, and paint). Due to that the next step in our capability is cost prohibitive. Any increase beyond output of one cooler per day would cost thousands of dollars. If we enjoy the process and our result is what we expect then we will likely make a few each month for the community - but nothing major. I think we’re the type of people who like to make custom one-offs instead of mass producing anyway.