Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buyers Remorse because of cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a 2023 MYP with a build date of around Nov 1st.

I received no USS and the cameras are still the 2022 cameras.

I have reached out to tesla service hopefully in an effort to get the side repeater cameras changed. I'm less than 100 miles and I feel it should be fair to have the new cameras especially since USS is removed.

That sucks. Doubt they will do anything if it's within Tesla spec.

Reactions: enemji

I have reached out to tesla service hopefully in an effort to get the side repeater cameras changed. I'm less than 100 miles and I feel it should be fair to have the new cameras especially since USS is removed.
#1. How do you know they are old or new cameras?

#2. If they still work as expected why would they change it?

Let us know what they reply?

They might pixel bin the 5MP cameras to get higher sensitivity and reduced data bandwidth at the expense of resolution. And if not, it would still be reasonable to downscale to 720 for USB storage. Besides, the USB drive can barely keep up with four 720p streams so there's no way it'd handle four 5MP streams.
The old cameras were/are 1.3 MP, but they downscale them just as they will with the 5 MP. Not sure to what extent with HW4, but they most certainly will, especially in FSD Beta.

Chiming in on this thread since I had directly compared post camera upgrade model. My previous totaled car was running the same software version with the new rental with updated camera. Somehow the new one handles lane merge better in a way that it doesn’t go straight to the middle of the perceived wider lane immediately. This might be due to software but I checked that they’re exactly the same version. Not sure if Tesla has feature gate based on hardware. Btw my totaled 3 was just two months old.

Chiming in on this thread since I had directly compared post camera upgrade model. My previous totaled car was running the same software version with the new rental with updated camera. Somehow the new one handles lane merge better in a way that it doesn’t go straight to the middle of the perceived wider lane immediately. This might be due to software but I checked that they’re exactly the same version. Not sure if Tesla has feature gate based on hardware. Btw my totaled 3 was just two months old.

My radar 3 stopped doing that with the update prior to vision only.