Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buyers Remorse because of cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take a clear close up photo then and post it.
Yeah for sure! So this is the resource that I’m comparing against. No guarantees if that’s accurate:

1666991184718.jpeg

And here’s my car:
1666991247447.jpeg

1666991231837.jpeg

Reactions: Dayreg
Thanks @Zane Liu Please post a pic of the image quality with the new cameras.

Here's my 2021 model for reference:
View attachment 868595
I'll try in the morning when it's brighter out!

You must have the new warp drive time travel cameras.
Wahhhh... I didn't get these
Honestly I'm still not sure if I really have the new cameras or not. I'm not sure I've noticed any differences in everyday driving or AP. When did you pick up your car?

I'll try in the morning when it's brighter out!

Honestly I'm still not sure if I really have the new cameras or not. I'm not sure I've noticed any differences in everyday driving or AP. When did you pick up your car?
The pic you post of a side camera (where the red paint is visible in the pic) certainly looks like a new camera. I will be curious to see the image quality on the display. Thanks for the extra effort in advance!

Reactions: Zane Liu
Unless (or until) someone can get 2 cars at the same spot at the same time of day under the same lighting conditions and screen shots off the data file (not phone camera pics) any comparison pics are going to be unsubstantiated evidence and subjective test at best.

Do you get vehicle life upgrades with a FSD?

You get software updates but hardware is a bit more complicated. From Tesla's FSD page:

If you purchased Full Self-Driving capability and have Autopilot computer 2.0 or 2.5, you are eligible for a complimentary upgrade to FSD computer. Certain early production vehicles may also receive complimentary camera replacements. A complimentary hardware upgrade is not available for Full Self-Driving capability subscriptions; however, you may be eligible to upgrade at your cost.

That is offering older hardware Tesla's with FSD Capability to upgrade to the cameras. Has nothing to do with the possibility that new cars have a higher resolution/quality/dynamic range camera. Which is yet to be determined. Could be just a different supplier with the same Tesla "spec". We need a removal and examination of the system. Also we don't really know if HW3 could support them anyway.

"...owners who have Full Self-Driving (FSD) capability and early production cameras."
If the cameras spec (size of image) change, it changes the complete NN algorithm as the standard for current AutoPilot.