Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV decal front bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s fine, but neither of those apply if you actually have the decals issued for the vehicle attached the vehicle. Neither of those statutes reference improper application of valid decals.

21655.9(b) contains the language "is properly displayed on the vehicle", and this is the section people with one displayed have mentioned being cited under.

The small one for the front is so small you can barely see it. I put all 4 of them on.

front_decal.JPG

Reactions: jboy210
Are the magnets strong enough to use over ppf ? What do you do about the front of the car ?

Thanks for posting the pics of your setup !

I only put these on the back since there is no good spot to place the magnets on the front where it can be put on a panel (too much curves on the front fenders and bumper is obviously plastic so that won't work either).

For the strength, these are specifically designed as 'bumper magnet stickers' that I bought from Amazon and stock on very good. They haven't come off yet, even at speeds of up to 90mph

I only put these on the back since there is no good spot to place the magnets on the front where it can be put on a panel (too much curves on the front fenders and bumper is obviously plastic so that won't work either).

For the strength, these are specifically designed as 'bumper magnet stickers' that I bought from Amazon and stock on very good. They haven't come off yet, even at speeds of up to 90mph

Could you post a link to the ones your purchased. It looks like they have quite a few on Amazon.

Thanks learned something from this thread that it's not a fix it and it's damn expensive. Will just put the front on (ppf) and get on with life.

Also have the front license plate on. I'll just use the luck on gambling with having front windows tinted.

Removing the sticker shouldn't damage the paint. I've watched a few videos on youtube and those guy just use a plastic razor blade and adhesive remover. Removing the sticker WILL damage the sticker and you won't be able to reuse it.

That being said, I did buy backing for my stickers because I don't commute often enough to want them permanently stuck to my car.

What i have seen recently that has me confused is a Model S and a Volt (I think) having BOTH sets of white and red stickers.

That is probably legal. White was the last color under the old law, red was the first under the new law. The new law made white stickers all expire at the end of 2018. So to not screw the people that got whites at the end of the old law (people were getting white stickers even into the beginning of 2018), there was an era of white stickers cars that were eligible to get new red stickers. And some people just put both on the car.

I understand about the transition from the white stickers to red. But why not simply put the red stickers over the white? I would think that the red sticker would stay on the white. And the white should still adhere to the car until the red expires.

I understand about the transition from the white stickers to red. But why not simply put the red stickers over the white? I would think that the red sticker would stay on the white. And the white should still adhere to the car until the red expires.

I saw a local news story about this. As you mentioned, they recommended placing the red sticker on top of the white one (DMV recommendation). It was painful enough just to remove one set of stickers when they expired last year.

The documentation that comes with the decals even suggests this stacking. It quite possible that it makes the entire mess even easier to remove when it is time. But still... PPF if your answer from the get-go. I love using slip solution and making sure they're placed correctly before locking them down!

I mounted the rears literally as low as I could. I even trimmed off the white border of the sticker at the bottom (Made a flat cut) to get them that extra bit lower (works well on the white car as the border can't be seen... especially way don there!) I'm happy with being totally legal and legit... and not really being able to see them while standing near the car. I'm not sure that they could be minimized any more than this unless I paint the car in matching purple. Maybe with a white racing stripe.

And yes my car is freshly washed, thanks for noticing.

Attachments

• 190405.021.JPG
    190405.021.JPG
    398.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 190405.022.JPG
    190405.022.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 190405.023.JPG
    190405.023.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 190405.024.JPG
    190405.024.JPG