Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is exactly what I have the Flex Fastrak tag set to 2 people when just wife and I or 3 when our son is in the 3, too.
I'm confused. Why change the switch settings to match the number of people in the 3? I thought that switch setting #3 is also meant to identify clean air vehicles, which I understood does not need to have the count of people in the car. I don't normally cross bridges in the Bay Area, nor do I typically drive during commute hours but I have used the Express lane on 237 a couple of times with my tag set to #3 and me alone in the car.

I'm confused. Why change the switch settings to match the number of people in the 3? I thought that switch setting #3 is also meant to identify clean air vehicles, which I understood does not need to have the count of people in the car. I don't normally cross bridges in the Bay Area, nor do I typically drive during commute hours but I have used the Express lane on 237 a couple of times with my tag set to #3 and me alone in the car.
As long as you have the HOV stickers you can just leave it on 3.

Which is exactly what I do since I have stickers. I was asking @engle why he goes through the trouble of switching settings on the tag. But now that I've gone back and read a couple of his posts, it appears he doesn't have the HOV stickers.

Correct! @engle was too lazy to apply for his stickers. I'd rather spend my time posting on TMC and don't need the stickers because my wife and I are also business partners so we're always driving that business vehicle together (set the tag to 2 occupants).

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm usually driving by myself. I got the stickers because I could. My normal commute times are outside the carpool hours. However, today I have a doctor's appointment in Mountain View at 5pm. Going down 237 and then 85 to home should be less stress, less time because of the HOV perk.

The CA DMV is now catching up with the new 2019 purple stickers--a thread on the Tesla forums reports that folks that had mailed their app around 1/2-3/19 have seen their checks cashed, and 1 post shows that they just got their stickers today. FWIW I took delivery of my P3D+ end September 2018, but wanted to wait to get the extra year (so I skipped the red stickers). I mailed my app and check to the DMV in mid-December with a note and a copy of the CA DMV web page with the purple stickers. I asked them to hold my app until they could get around to giving me the new purple stickers. My check just cashed yesterday 1/14, so my stickers will be in the mail. All good.

Dropped our application in the mail around Nov 26 and the check was cashed on 10 January and we got our PURPLE stickers yesterday (14 Jan)! We were concerned that if the application was received before 31 Dec we would only get the red ones, but I guess because it was processed after the new year, we ended up getting purple!
VERY relieved not to have gotten the red ones!
Hope this info helps.

Quite odd...

Check was cashed on 12/10/18 but I have yet to receive any stickers from DMV.

Do they arrive to your mail address or do I need to go and pick them up at DMV office? My California rebate just got approved as well and it was sent almost same time as the HOV sticker application which was around mid October.

Am I missing something? lol

I think all the colors got white border (green, red, even white...but it is white on white). Good thing I got a White M3 LOL.
Yeah, but the red and green had white text as well, while the purple one has black text. It's just an ugly mess with the white border. I have applied for the stickers, but I'm seriously considering to just put them in the sock drawer, that's how bad this looks to me. :confused: