Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't find any data that supports that.

Also the plates aren't yet available and you have to pay an annual subscription.

Digital License Plates Roll Out In California

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, what the company calls Rplates are also able to pay tolls automatically, track stolen cars and enable electronic vehicle registration — no more stickers necessary.

Smooth and reflective, the tablets display a license plate number when the car is moving and become a customized billboard when it’s parked. The devices could be used to automatically pay for parking and bridge tolls, and track a vehicle if it’s stolen. They could also eliminate the need for registration stickers.

Seems like a "could" is the best I could find.

It does take over a month when I applied for the white stickers. But it's actually to your benefit if they hold your application until next year. You will gain an extra year.

I can confirm that. Mailed in my HOV sticker application on December 8. Check didn't clear until January14, and I received the new purple stickers a week later, on January 23. So, even though I applied in December 2018, the application wasn't processed until January 10, meaning I get the extra year of use from the purple sticker.

The downside is that it's a purple sticker - a great look if you're Prince, not so great looking for everyone else.

I can confirm that. Mailed in my HOV sticker application on December 8. Check didn't clear until January14, and I received the new purple stickers a week later, on January 23. So, even though I applied in December 2018, the application wasn't processed until January 10, meaning I get the extra year of use from the purple sticker.

The downside is that it's a purple sticker - a great look if you're Prince, not so great looking for everyone else.

I wonder how they sort the applications. Do they pull them all into one giant box and try to grab one from the bottom (assuming those are the earlier apps) and process them? Or maybe they just scan them all into the database and let the computer do the processing by date on the applications? See I am wondering if people could cut the line by entering a December 8, 2018 date on the application but mail it just now? :rolleyes: