Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA rebate suspended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have insight on the suspended CA rebate suspension? We purchased our model 3 after the June 5 cutoff. The folks as CVRP have been very nice in making sure the application is submitted correctly and answering a question I had. But, there doesn't seem to be funding for the refunds. Tesla is still advertising the rebate in CA as a benefit and obviously adjusting prices of vehicles as the fed rebates drop. I absolutely don't regret the purchase regardless of the lost rebate and price drop. But, I'm hoping at least that CA gets their stuff together and holds up to the offer. Has this happened in the past?

They have run out of funds almost every year since the program started. They build a waiting list. They get more funding later in the year, and then start working from the waiting list and send out rebates.

Of course, no guarantee that will continue. But that's the way it has happened in the past....

When I purchased my model S back on September of 2016 I applied for the rebate and because the funding was depleted I was placed on a waiting list for about 6 months. I had to wait for the california legislators to vote on a new fiscal budget and fund the rebate program.