Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calculating battery degradation on buying used S 85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree....a better term would be "Total capacity remaining including buffer". I understand the M3 uses different terminology. But this is what it says now. I created a new screen on SMT to track what I think is important:
I have found that the SOC number shown on SMT is not exactly what the car reports. The car uses ideal remaining minus buffer instead of usable remaining to calculate the car displayed SOC value. But I think the developer might have added something called ideal SOC to the readout but I'm not sure since I currently use TM-Spy for CAN bus access.
Do you know if there is an ideal SOC in the ALL tab?

Here is what I see in SMT...the highlights are the values of interest. I have seen slight differences, but they are less than 2/10%.

I would like to find out what these values mean, like SoC UI. Don't think the developer Amund knows...

Screenshot_20200505-063248.png

An 85 is likely affected by batterygate and chargergate.
Within about the last year Tesla has via update that lowers the voltage cap cost a lot of 85kwh cars a fair bit of range. Mine lost about 15miles and even the service center said I got off lucky.
They also greatly slowed the supercharging speed from 120kw to 70
An 85 is likely affected by batterygate and chargergate.
Within about the last year Tesla has via update that lowers the voltage cap cost a lot of 85kwh cars a fair bit of range. Mine lost about 15miles and even the service center said I got off lucky.
They also greatly slowed the supercharging speed from 120kw to 70
Hi there. I’ve got a 2014 rwd model s 85. The battery always charged to around 237 miles (which wasn’t wildly divorced from reality) although I rarely charged it beyond 180 unless I was going on a long journey. But it’s recently (June) crashed to @203 (it says 214, but doesn’t charge to that level). What is the voltage cap you’re referring to ‘cos I’ve also noticed that it is massively slower to supercharge. It’s dropped to as little as 19 mi/hr which is utterly appalling. I don’t know what the battery warranty terms are. Can anyone point me to the precise warranty terms as originally issued? Thanks