Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calif. buyers - CVRP rebate running down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonaire

Aug 24, 2013
USA
Carefully watch the program's funding.

CVRP Funding Status

If you're in CA and haven't yet signed up for the rebate program, do so as soon as possible. If the year ends with a strong sales cycle, the funds may exhaust by end of 2018. This would make purchase in 2019 $6250 higher due to the change in tax credit and loss of this rebate.

$2500 for BEVs and $5000 for FCV.
$1500 for PiHV.
$900 for motorcycles too.
At $2500 for BEVs, about 4300 rebates for higher-income registrants. That can go fast with not only a Tesla end of quarter push but involvement of other brands sold in CA.

Also a pre-approval process exists in San Diego: CVRP Eligible Vehicles

CVRP Funding Status

If you're in CA and haven't yet signed up for the rebate program, do so as soon as possible. If the year ends with a strong sales cycle, the funds may exhaust by end of 2018. This would make purchase in 2019 $6250 higher due to the change in tax credit and loss of this rebate.

$1500 for PiHV.
At $2500 for BEVs, about 4300 rebates for higher-income registrants. That can go fast with not only a Tesla end of quarter push but involvement of other brands sold in CA.

I'm not sure I understand what the graph is saying on that page above

CVRP Funding Status

$1500 for PiHV.

Not true, they will replenish ... funding is from the cap and trade auctions.

Reactions: Troy916
Has anyone used the pre-approval process available in San Diego? I filled out the application and uploaded the required documentation but am wondering what happens when I get a VIN assigned? The pre-approval doc doesn't require a VIN or model info as the normal application does and there doesn't appear to be any way to update that document with a VIN later on. Also said the review process takes 70-90 days. Wondering if you could just go in and submit the regular CVRP request documents when the VIN shows up, although I can always call them at that point.

Has anyone used the pre-approval process available in San Diego? I filled out the application and uploaded the required documentation but am wondering what happens when I get a VIN assigned? The pre-approval doc doesn't require a VIN or model info as the normal application does and there doesn't appear to be any way to update that document with a VIN later on. Also said the review process takes 70-90 days. Wondering if you could just go in and submit the regular CVRP request documents when the VIN shows up, although I can always call them at that point.
After pre approval they send you something to fill in the details. Once you submit it, the final approval only takes another day or two. Then of course time for the payout I wouldn't do it again with VIN because you're subject to that long 70-90 wait again.

If you're in CA and haven't yet signed up for the rebate program, do so as soon as possible.
I try to do it but you need both:
-- the dated Tesla contract, and
-- a temporary registration from the DMV.

So far I didn't received anything from the DMV.

I wonder even what kind of documentation I could provide to a police officer if I had to do so,
beside a copy of my car insurance?

However the Tesla representative puts a document behind my windshield.
I wonder if I should use this document to submit the CA rebate request?