Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I have been enjoying the information on the site and decided that I would stop lurking!

I put my order in on 2/6/2021 (First Tesla!)

Model Y
Long Range AWD
Deep Blue Metallic
20" Induction Wheels
All Black Interior
5 Seater
No Tow Hitch
Base Autopilot

I haven't received a VIN number yet. I am in the Santa Cruz area. Has anyone in the Area received a VIN lately?

LR AWD Pearl White Paint, 19" Gemini
All Black Interior
5 Seater

SF/Daly City (5 minutes from Colma Tesla Dealership). Still No Vin.

Ordered Mid February. My SA told me I will get a VIN and vehicle will be delivered before the end of March.

LR AWD - reordered on 2/21/2021

Pearl White Paint
All Black Interior
20" Induction wheels
5 Seater
Tow Hitch

LA Area, no VIN, still says estimated delivery in 2-6 weeks.

When I ordered my Model 3 around the same time last year, I got it delivered right at the end of March. So I'm expecting the same thing again.... radio silence from Tesla until mid/late March, and then things will move quickly before the EOQ.

Reactions: No Tezla Yet
Long Range AWD
Midnight silver
20" Induction Wheels
All Black Interior
5 Seater
No Tow Hitch
Base Autopilot

ordered 2/22; “2-6 weeks for delivery”

Actually surprised at the wait as it seemed all the way through January/early feb that people were getting VINs instantly.

Ordered placed 02/19
MYLR MSM,BlK Seats, 20" Inductions, no FSD

Just received Vin match and a call from local Tesla dealer in Rocklin CA today. When I spoke with SA in the past he mentioned that the soonest I would even get a Vin match would be around end of March. I had to refuse Vin :(, my CVAP app is in Final Review still waiting for approval letter. Its funny how I didnt get any notice from Tesla of the Vin match until the very day it could be picked up.

Ordered placed 02/19

Just received Vin match and a call from local Tesla dealer in Rocklin CA today. When I spoke with SA in the past he mentioned that the soonest I would even get a Vin match would be around end of March. I had to refuse Vin :(, my CVAP app is in Final Review still waiting for approval letter. Its funny how I didnt get any notice from Tesla of the Vin match until the very day it could be picked up.
They don't email us about getting the VIN matched, right?

All I had in the past are email telling my to take the delivery. And it's like a day or two before.

I put my order in on 3/4/2021 (First Tesla also!) i'm based in SoCal area

Model Y
Long Range AWD
Solid Black Paint
20" Induction Wheels
All Black Interior
5 Seater
No Tow Hitch
Base Autopilot

My SA told me that I can expect this worst case end of March, he confirmed new console, heated steering wheel and told me Tesla wasnt offering upgraded Headlights for LR model

I put my order in on 3/4/2021 (First Tesla also!) i'm based in SoCal area

Model Y
Long Range AWD
Solid Black Paint
20" Induction Wheels
All Black Interior
5 Seater
No Tow Hitch
Base Autopilot

My SA told me that I can expect this worst case end of March, he confirmed new console, heated steering wheel and told me Tesla wasnt offering upgraded Headlights for LR model
Nice. All black. I wanted to do that too, but my wife said save money and invest in stock LOL

Reactions: No Tezla Yet
They don't email us about getting the VIN matched, right?

All I had in the past are email telling my to take the delivery. And it's like a day or two before.
In my experience with our Model 3 a little over a year ago, I drove myself crazy checking for a VIN. We were NEVER notified when we were VIN matched. The VIN popped up in the account when we were driving to pick up the car -- we had been notified the car was ready to be picked up about a day before a VIN showed up. This time around, I'm not even bothering to check for a VIN.

Purchased on 01/13/21 and had an original estimated delivery of 1/27-2/24. needless to say, they missed that mark! I ordered a
LR AWD
Deep Metallic Blue
Black Seats
19" wheels
7 seater
Very little communication from SA. Doesn't really matter, I'm sure she doesn't know what's going on anyway.

Ordered placed 02/19

I'll be picking mine up there since I'm from the same area. Did you order a 5 or 7 seater? I'm going to guess 5 since I placed an order before yours with a 7 seater and have not been assigned a VIN yet