Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 2/26/21, Bay Area

MY LR AWD
- Deep Blue Metallic
-19" Gemini
-All Black Interior
-5 Seater
-Tow hitch
-estimated waiting time 2-6 weeks

My date range changed tonight to March 23-31.

It looks like the closer you are to Fremont, the later in the quarter your delivery range.

Hope it’s early part of that range. I‘m definitely going to be unavailable for delivery on the 31st. At that point I’ll wait till April 2-3!

Ordered on 2/26/21, Bay Area

MY LR AWD
- Deep Blue Metallic
-19" Gemini
-All Black Interior
-5 Seater
-Tow hitch
-estimated waiting time 2-6 weeks

My date range changed tonight to March 23-31.

It looks like the closer you are to Fremont, the later in the quarter your delivery range.

Hope it’s early part of that range. I‘m definitely going to be unavailable for delivery on the 31st. At that point I’ll wait till April 2-3!
Hey same. My date range changed to March 12-March 31. I denied the delivery last quarter and this quarter, we are out of town for the last week of March, too. If they don't do it early then they'll miss 2 (so far) for this quarter's quota.

I put my order in on 3/4/2021 (First Tesla also!) i'm based in SoCal area

Model Y
Long Range AWD
Solid Black Paint
20" Induction Wheels
All Black Interior
5 Seater
No Tow Hitch
Base Autopilot

My SA told me that I can expect this worst case end of March, he confirmed new console, heated steering wheel and told me Tesla wasnt offering upgraded Headlights for LR model
My Delivery updated today: March 10th - March 28th!

Tesla Wall Charger installed - wifey and I got new cars at the same time - she has been driving her ICE for a month already...tick....tick.....tick goes the slowest clock ever! I cant look at the delivery spreadsheet anymore - too anecdotal and its clear CA cars are end of the month. 3/15 is the six week mark.

Ordered MY LR AWD on 2/4/21
Solid Black
20" Induction
Black Interior
5 seat
no tow hitch
no FSD

Purchased on 01/13/21 and had an original estimated delivery of 1/27-2/24. needless to say, they missed that mark! I ordered a
LR AWD
Deep Metallic Blue
Black Seats
19" wheels
7 seater
Very little communication from SA. Doesn't really matter, I'm sure she doesn't know what's going on anyway.
Hi, I have the same build as yours + hitch and FSD. Haven't heard much recently from my SA. I am not sure how to count when I ordered since I reserved in Mar 2019 for Performance 7 seats but Tesla made me changed in late Jan 2021. The SA said I have priority but I don't believe so.

Ordered MYP 2/12 (5-seater, MSM, black interior, tow hitch); modified to MYLR 2/21. Got my VIN 3/7; I'm in SoCal. Delivery would have been tomorrow but I pushed it out to 3/11.

Which wheels did you get and what's the VIN range or build date? It appears the majority of LR's getting delivered right now have the 19" Gemini wheels with Feb build dates.

Hey same. My date range changed to March 12-March 31. I denied the delivery last quarter and this quarter, we are out of town for the last week of March, too. If they don't do it early then they'll miss 2 (so far) for this quarter's quota.

Due to my current work schedule that I can't change, there's only a 3 day window where I can take delivery of my MYLR between 3/27-3/30. Otherwise, I'm out of town for work starting 3/21, and won't be back in town to pick it up until after 4/5.

I wonder if I do miss Tesla's EOQ window, if they'll just give my car/VIN to somebody else and I would have wait and see what's left in their current inventory in early April.

I got VIN today but it disappeared after 1 hr. VIN was 109,xxx. My Order date 2/15 - SR MY, everything standard.
I got my VIN back and it was the same VIN that was previously removed. I checked with my SA he mentioned that the car just got built and on it's way to the dealership. He also confirmed it's gonna have new center console. Delivery estimate now showing Current Date - March 15th. I'm in Los Angeles.

I just got mine last Sunday right when this thread started. There is hope! I'm in LA and picked it up at the MDR distribution hub. Kind of surreal actually. There were several whites, two blues, a midnight silver, a black, and mine was the only red...and I really think I made the right choice, it's perfect for me, and I named him Ginger Daddy (it was between that, King Crimson, and Midlife Crisis LOL. It's SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE, and oddly much bigger inside than I remember when I test drove one. Figuring it all out, it was a bit of a learning curve, Today I realized the microfiber cloth included is a screen cleaner. Getting ceramic coat and tint on Thursday at Concours.

Ginger Daddy is:

Red (of course)
Black interior (I'm one of the few that doesn't like the white interior)
AWD/LR
20" induction wheels
No tow hitch
Unknown build date, VIN 141xxx.

I had ordered the second week of January with a supposed 8 week lead time. I got a VIN within two days, but I was waiting for my CVAP grant, my house refi hadn't closed, and I hadn't gotten the wall-charger installed so I had to refuse it. Everything happened last week. Got the VIN match on Tuesday, refi closed Thursday after a last-minutte snag, sold my car and got the charger installed Friday. It was a crazy time.

I just got mine last Sunday right when this thread started. There is hope! I'm in LA and picked it up at the MDR distribution hub. Kind of surreal actually. There were several whites, two blues, a midnight silver, a black, and mine was the only red...and I really think I made the right choice, it's perfect for me, and I named him Ginger Daddy (it was between that, King Crimson, and Midlife Crisis LOL. It's SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE, and oddly much bigger inside than I remember when I test drove one. Figuring it all out, it was a bit of a learning curve, Today I realized the microfiber cloth included is a screen cleaner. Getting ceramic coat and tint on Thursday at Concours.

Ginger Daddy is:

Red (of course)
Black interior (I'm one of the few that doesn't like the white interior)
AWD/LR
20" induction wheels
No tow hitch
Unknown build date, VIN 141xxx.

I had ordered the second week of January with a supposed 8 week lead time. I got a VIN within two days, but I was waiting for my CVAP grant, my house refi hadn't closed, and I hadn't gotten the wall-charger installed so I had to refuse it. Everything happened last week. Got the VIN match on Tuesday, refi closed Thursday after a last-minutte snag, sold my car and got the charger installed Friday. It was a crazy time.

That's quite a story lol. Congrats! Love hearing Cali customers receiving VINs.