Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I just got my request for final payment! And the delivery date narrowed to March 16-22.

Can anyone tell me how soon they debit the bank account after you provide the bank info? I have to tansfer funds from an investment account and it may take a day or two. The last thing I want is to have them cancel because there are insufficient funds in the account. Trying to decide if I should give them the bank info right away or wait till the funds transfer is complete.

Thanks
And now I have my VIN! SA replied, on a weekend evening by the way, that they pull funds immediately so I should wait till delivery date to provide bank info.

Got at text this morning to pick up my MY on Wednesday 3/17, VIN 142XXX. I'm in San Diego area. Ordered: 03/12/2021
Model Y - Long Range
White on Black
Gemini wheels
Tow hitch
5 Seater
Stepped up to a LR because it was near impossible to find a SR in inventory within 200 miles with specs that I ordered 6 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Nice! I ordered mi
Got at text this morning to pick up my MY on Wednesday 3/17, VIN 142XXX. I'm in San Diego area. Ordered: 03/12/2021
Model Y - Long Range
White on Black
Gemini wheels
Tow hitch
5 Seater
Stepped up to a LR because it was near impossible to find a SR in inventory within 200 miles with specs that I ordered 6 weeks ago.
Nice! I ordered mine a day before you and still waiting for VIN. Though they are still processing my finance.

just a heads up theres a LOT of MY LR demo vehicles that are up for order on the Tesla website in the LA area. most, if not all, had under 1k miles and a few 7 seaters too... if anyone is not wanting to wait much longer

I saw that, but only 1 is available with AP and the rest come with FSD (a $10k addition to the price).

Also note that a good number of them are possibly earlier build dates that have the older console in them.... at least that was the case with about 12 total different Model Y demo test-drive cars I looked at parked between the Brea and Costa Mesa locations. Not sure if some people will care about that, but it's something to be aware of.

I saw that, but only 1 is available with AP and the rest come with FSD (a $10k addition to the price).

Also note that a good number of them are possibly earlier build dates that have the older console in them.... at least that was the case with about 12 total different Model Y demo test-drive cars I looked at parked between the Brea and Costa Mesa locations. Not sure if some people will care about that, but it's something to be aware of.
yeah def my concern was mostly the console - i messaged my SA to get more details, he said the FSD could be removed (which im not entirely sure is true) and is checking on the console

Hi new here. I ordered on 2/28 and got my VIN on my account page today (3/15). Hopefully I can schedule a pick up ASAP, like tomorrow! Have been checking the page every other hour for updates. I'm located in San Jose, CA.

Model Y build details​

• Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

Hi new here. I ordered on 2/28 and got my VIN on my account page today (3/15). Hopefully I can schedule a pick up ASAP, like tomorrow! Have been checking the page every other hour for updates. I'm located in San Jose, CA.

Model Y build details​

• Solid Black Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Oh man awesome! Yeah i've been checking the page hourly for sure, my build is close to yours so hopefully within the next few days I could get a VIN assignment

Model Y build details​

• Solid Black Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Typically, it's a 2 days turn around from the day you get your VIN for San Jose. That's my case for the last 4 VINs. With VIN, you can purchase insurance for the car. I've heard you can just upload the current insurance w/o Tsla vin. Later in the day, they will reach out via text to confirm your address and other stuff. After your confirmation, the next day, they'll send you the documents and final payment to your account. They may call you to confirm or if anything is missing. Basically, you have 1 buffer day to prepare everything for the delivery. I guess you can just call SA to see if you can push the delivery 1 day earlier.

Reactions: EV-uhh

Model Y build details​

• Solid Black Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
By the way, it's a long wait for us in CA for sure. but the turnaround is so quick. so I don't stress about it. I have time to make a final decision on accessories, tints... TBH, 1 day passes by so quick. I got VIN on Sunday and just completed final payment, documents.. today. Still shopping around for insurance. the car will be here tomorrow before I even realize it.