Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They guaranteed delivery for anyone who ordered before 12/9.. so I would assume they'd make good on that somehow.

The "guarantee" was brought up some weeks back -- there was some limiting language in the "guarantee" that basically doesn't hold them to it. I'm officially in f*ck it mode and don't think I'll get the car this year. If they couldn't get it done between the week before Halloween and now, I have no faith they'll get it done in the next 7 days.

Sorry for the sour mood, I'm just over it after my VIN disappeared today.

Sh*t show for sure. This is the worst car buying experience among all the cars I have purchased. Tesla has been known for not keeping their promise in time and this car delivery chaos didn't surprise me. But they need to keep up with their game since other car manufacturer don't do the same thing as Tesla did.

Tesla seems to be getting some of these cars right (probably the bulk of them), but they seem to be screwing up a lot too. I think someone came up with this "last 2 weeks in December" scenario for California - and Tesla is not doing very well at making it happen.

I'm really sorry to those who are possibly not going to get their cars as promised. It is totally without excuse for Tesla to do that.

The "guarantee" was brought up some weeks back -- there was some limiting language in the "guarantee" that basically doesn't hold them to it. I'm officially in f*ck it mode and don't think I'll get the car this year. If they couldn't get it done between the week before Halloween and now, I have no faith they'll get it done in the next 7 days.

Sorry for the sour mood, I'm just over it after my VIN disappeared today.

Happened to a inventory car I ordered . It had a VIN and link to pay , both disappeared
SA did say it’s a pre production VIN and it can change , so there’s that

Happened to a inventory car I ordered . It had a VIN and link to pay , both disappeared
SA did say it’s a pre production VIN and it can change , so there’s that

My inventory order initially didn't show any VIN. I did notice it said something like "isInventoryOrder":true in the source, and the estimated delivery timing was hidden.

I talked to an SA about it and he linked my order to a VIN, but 24 hours later it was automatically removed.

Since then I got the text to schedule delivery but there's still no VIN in my account. The delivery text said to expect a VIN 1 or 2 days before the car leaves the factory.

So I wouldn't be too concerned about not having the VIN, you might get the delivery text first.

My inventory order initially didn't show any VIN. I did notice it said something like "isInventoryOrder":true in the source, and the estimated delivery timing was hidden.

I talked to an SA about it and he linked my order to a VIN, but 24 hours later it was automatically removed.

Since then I got the text to schedule delivery but there's still no VIN in my account. The delivery text said to expect a VIN 1 or 2 days before the car leaves the factory.

So I wouldn't be too concerned about not having the VIN, you might get the delivery text first.

My SA texted me and said that I am matched to a pre-production vin . That vin can change and no delivery date yet
Not sure what to make of it

When does your car leave the factory ?

Thank you

We got our M3 (White/black AWD, Aeros) this morning (ordered 11/4) at Buena Park. The traffic was light so we arrived about 30 minutes before our 9am appointment. So, we were able to find our vehicle in the lot and checked it out before meeting with the DC. I was able to talk with staff in the lot and was told the car was detailed yesterday. I brought a friend for another set of eyes and we did not find any paint or alignment issues. Drives great but I will have to get used to how quickly the regen braking slows the car down.

We got our M3 (White/black AWD, Aeros) this morning (ordered 11/4) at Buena Park. The traffic was light so we arrived about 30 minutes before our 9am appointment. So, we were able to find our vehicle in the lot and checked it out before meeting with the DC. I was able to talk with staff in the lot and was told the car was detailed yesterday. I brought a friend for another set of eyes and we did not find any paint or alignment issues. Drives great but I will have to get used to how quickly the regen braking slows the car down.

You can set Regen to Low to start with until you adapt to a stronger regen. Some people take a bit longer to adapt but it will happen and the Standard Reg will put more power back in your battery so give you more range. I drove stick so kind of use to the feel of regen as I found it similar to the feel of downshifting. Glad you got your car!

• Helpful
Reactions: house9 and davider