Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 11/16, updated 12/4, Blue/Black LR AWD hoping for my VIN today. So need to take delivery before the end of the calendar year.

Stopped into the SF (Van Ness) service center and spoke to a helpful associate. He noticed my existing order started 6/16/20 had options no longer available (LR AWD Performance upgrade, not Performance model). He asked if I was still waiting for stealth inventory. I asked what that is being a noob, and after he informed me, we moved to update my order (LR, 20" Induction). Now I have a delivery window 12/22-31 and saved some money. None of of the folks I spoke with in Dublin, Palo Alto, Walnut Creek in the past month caught this. Basically that wonderful gent at the Van Ness location saved my a**. He's on Santa's nice list. :)

Had my order modified on 11/30, and still no VIN number. I know it's inevitable to a certain degree, but at this point, I hope they don't focus too much on "rushing" the manufacturing at the expense of quality control to meet the delivery demands of the 4th quarter.

Have there been any confirmed VINs with the new headlights or new batteries? I may be confusing my information with that of the model 3, but I thought I read somewhere that the Ys are expected to get the new headlights and/or the battery too at some point?

Just picked up my Y. Found very few issues (a panel that isn't perfectly flush and a couple of scratches that are almost unnoticeable). So few that had I not spent so much time on Tesla forums I never would've noticed. 87xxx LR white with black and tow hitch. Happy camper!

plus, I got the 7 seater! (See picture)

Attachments

• 00BB3F12-CB27-4ACB-8B27-CDA077476676.jpeg
    00BB3F12-CB27-4ACB-8B27-CDA077476676.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 64
Just picked up my Y. Found very few issues (a panel that isn't perfectly flush and a couple of scratches that are almost unnoticeable). So few that had I not spent so much time on Tesla forums I never would've noticed. 87xxx LR white with black and tow hitch. Happy camper!

plus, I got the 7 seater! (See picture)

Congrats and love the two extra seats!