Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all SR+ Owners! Mileage/battery health?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 SR+: Fresh of the carrier at 14 miles odometer. 100% reads 276 miles. It's strange that Tesla recommends charging to 100% for better battery life. I was always told to charge batteries to 80%
Update: After 1500 Odometer miles, the max charge shows 267 miles. Maybe my long 180 miles freeway trips are being taken into account by the algorithm ?

It's strange that Tesla recommends charging to 100% for better battery life. I was always told to charge batteries to 80%
Its not for battery life, it is for helping the BMS keep track of the state of charge. See first picture.

80% is not at all the best SOC for keeping battery life. In fact 80% is about the same as 100% and in some cases even worse.
See secomd picture.

45F98DEE-8400-410C-AA78-FBC23D29B603.jpeg

The lower the SOC, the better.
851721BD-3416-4A1A-A7C8-6D9C85D7D1CB.jpeg

Hi guys,
I am a soon-to-be owner of a M3 LFP but I am not a noob in the BEV world. I ordered one a week ago and I am waiting for delivery in the next two months.
I think the video bellow will answer to a lot of questions that many of you are asking yourself, especially regarding the LFP batteries (it's harder for the BMS to determine the Min and the Max values).

I hope to learn a lot from you guys !

Reactions: johnny_cakes
Just checking in to see if there are any other SR+ owners for more data points. I’m now at 54K miles and showing 216-218 miles range at 100%. Ironically I see my 1st post showed 210 miles at 100% so obviously it’s not an exact science!

Still no major issues with the car and hasn’t seen the inside of a service center yet (knocks on wood). Anybody else?

I charged my 21 SR+ to 95% and it went up to 232. It has about 20k miles on it now. That would be 244 at 100%. That said I never get that much because the only time I travel that far I'm doing 70+ on the highway. In town though on the slower moving parkways of Brooklyn I've seen kwh/mi go way under rated so I'd get more.

In this pic I just go off the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn coming from JFK and it was this low the entire way. I'd have taken the 30mi average but the light changed by the time I got this pic. I was probably doing 40-45mph on the parkway. Projected 202 mile range when the battery shows 124miles left. It was 70F as the screen says and I probably didn't have the AC on.

B3439C55-927E-48A3-AC14-E1B3ADB2A697_1_105_c.jpeg