Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera Calibration Won’t Stick?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a message on FSDb 2022.20.18 that camera calibration was required. Autopilot wouldn’t turn on, so I cleared calibration data and drove around until I saw the message calibration was complete. I also looked in the autopilot menu and saw that there was additional calibration needed for FSD, so waited until that also hit 100%. I could see that FSD visualization (lane lines plus yellow and red boundaries) started working again after calibration, but it didn’t show cars or objects at all on the screen. A minute later I got the message again that calibration is required. I currently can’t engage any autopilot features.

Has anyone run into this before? My car is a 2018 LR RWD with the Atom MCU and AP HW3.

Try opening a service ticket and having the latest firmware pushed down to your car again. You can do it yourself if you want to put the car into service mode.

Once the firmware is reinstalled, make sure the cameras are clean and recalibrate. Hopefully that helps.

Reactions: NJM3
Strange. I forced a software reload, did a brake pedal reset, and the last thing I tried was sitting in the car for 10 minutes after pressing “power off”. The power off actually fixed the issue or so I thought. Had one long drive with everything working as normal, but the next trip it’s broken again. This is really annoying.

Strange. I forced a software reload, did a brake pedal reset, and the last thing I tried was sitting in the car for 10 minutes after pressing “power off”. The power off actually fixed the issue or so I thought. Had one long drive with everything working as normal, but the next trip it’s broken again. This is really annoying.
You may have a faulty camera.