Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone recommend a dog cover for the rear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone occasionally need to put dogs in the back of the car? We have a dog car but it would be handy to have something to protect the back seats when the pooches are in. I had a great hammock in a 3 series a few years ago, it even covered the rear doors so all the muck stayed inside, it was 3 series specific and fitted perfectly, I wish I would of kept it as I think it would fit anything similar sized!

EE192DB9-0BB7-4100-9310-4F16BE84EE83.jpeg
Just bought an Orvis hammock.
Looks great in the box.
Search Tesla Orvis and you will find photos of TM3 with them fitted.

Not cheap, but all the Orvis stuff we have is superb quality.

My car is due Thursday so I’ll upload photos at the weekend.

OK as promised Sophie modelling her new hammock.
It's very easy to fit ( took 15 minutes max)

Item #: EE2T4Z0253 : Zip Off Windowed Car Hammock Price(Each): £189.00
spacer.gif

Item #: EE2T4B0200: Side Door Protector: Price(Pair): £49.00
This is a large size which fits well for a Model 3
This one has all the bells and whistles : A mesh section to help air circulate and allow your dog to see between the seats, and zip off cover for easy washing.

You can get much cheaper from other suppliers, but we have found Orvis quality and customer service to be well worth the cost. ( After 3 years of heavy scratching use a dog bed developed a 3mm hole. We were happy to buy a replacement, but Orvis insisted on i free; this wasn't even their chew resistant range).

The door protectors fit easily, with plastic tabs that slide between the glass and rubber seal to hold them in place.
The slide upwards a bit when the door closes because the window goes up a bit and takes the plastic tabs with it.
This looks odd from outside, but works OK.

Things to note :
1) Don't forget to turn on the child locks; you don't want a stray paw opening the back door by tapping the button.

2) The back seatbelt warning chime goes off as the dog moves around.
You can mute it for each seat for that drive only by touching the warning icon when it goes off.
Would be good to have an option like the front passenger airbag where you can turn it off if needed.

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

The straps round the front headrests look like they will be in the way, but tuck nicely under the bottom of the headrest
IMG_0867.jpg
IMG_0868.jpg

Sophie took happily to getting in and out and looked very comfortable on her first trip mostly looking at the clouds through
the glass roof. Sophie loves new stuff, other dogs may take time to get used to things.

IMG_0869.jpg

Next time I went out to the drive she ran up and sat by the rear door, clearly hoping for another adventure.

OK as promised Sophie modelling her new hammock.
It's very easy to fit ( took 15 minutes max)

Item #: EE2T4Z0253 : Zip Off Windowed Car Hammock Price(Each): £189.00
spacer.gif

Item #: EE2T4B0200: Side Door Protector: Price(Pair): £49.00
This is a large size which fits well for a Model 3
This one has all the bells and whistles : A mesh section to help air circulate and allow your dog to see between the seats, and zip off cover for easy washing.

You can get much cheaper from other suppliers, but we have found Orvis quality and customer service to be well worth the cost. ( After 3 years of heavy scratching use a dog bed developed a 3mm hole. We were happy to buy a replacement, but Orvis insisted on i free; this wasn't even their chew resistant range).

The door protectors fit easily, with plastic tabs that slide between the glass and rubber seal to hold them in place.
The slide upwards a bit when the door closes because the window goes up a bit and takes the plastic tabs with it.
This looks odd from outside, but works OK.

Things to note :
1) Don't forget to turn on the child locks; you don't want a stray paw opening the back door by tapping the button.

2) The back seatbelt warning chime goes off as the dog moves around.
You can mute it for each seat for that drive only by touching the warning icon when it goes off.
Would be good to have an option like the front passenger airbag where you can turn it off if needed.

View attachment 451805
View attachment 451806

The straps round the front headrests look like they will be in the way, but tuck nicely under the bottom of the headrest
View attachment 451807 View attachment 451808

Sophie took happily to getting in and out and looked very comfortable on her first trip mostly looking at the clouds through
the glass roof. Sophie loves new stuff, other dogs may take time to get used to things.

View attachment 451809

Next time I went out to the drive she ran up and sat by the rear door, clearly hoping for another adventure.
You can fasten the seatbelts behind the hammock and that’ll get rid of the seatbelt chime. :)

+1 for the Orvis hammock

Couldn’t quite get it to look as tidy as @pacman65 but it’s very comfortable, seems very sturdy and looks very luxurious.

Mind you, you pay for what you get, they’re not cheap. I wonder if I got a size too big.

My wife insisted on extra tidying for Sophie’s social media debut.

We got the L (large) which fits well, so I’m assuming US car sizes, the XL would probably fit aTMS or TMX which are six inches wider.