Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone with a new LR post their experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. Not had a single VIN yet on this forum for those. I believe there may have been some late July EDDs, but most, like mine are August EDD.
That will be good if we can get our MS (LR) in August. Few weeks ago I had August delivery date but now it have vanished. Hopefully Elon will give an update on S & X production in the Q2 call on July 26.
My dear wife of 41 years frequently reminds me that I should have listened to her and not sold my S85 when I placed the order for the new MS (LR) in March. What is the saying, " Behind every successful man there is a wife telling him what he is doing wrong"!

So, I don’t have any drag times (apologies) and I actually haven’t had opportunity to drive the Plaid (as my daughters grad was same day as the PLAID event -which….as u can imagine…KILLED me to not be able to go!! (Still flogging myself over that mentally) and so, temper my comments of course with that reality;

BUT I CAN definitely share my experience with this new, amazing ride and in that, I did have the 2018S and have LR3 and have a Performance Y and now this vehicle ans have driven the Performance S vehicles n the past…ans so with all THAT as set up…what I can say is:

at higher speeds the LR Refresh S… DEFINITELY…has something MORE going on in the torque and instant acceleration realms that just isn’t present on any of my/the other vehicles I’ve driven. Period.

The acceleration from gate is, of course, insane…but out of it all…I just was surprised/shocked at how much responsiveness existed at 60, 70 or 80 and the upward move from those speeds.

I suspect whatever they’ve done to the PLAID on battery and motors etc is aiding with how the LR S is similarly built.

Bottom line, while our Performance Y is quick, this is noticeably/smile on your face faster and at higher speeds you REALLY get a sense they’ve just fundamentally changed the S for the better as acceleration doesn’t diminish or feel fainter. The suspension also is (50’s word here) “dreamy”…but seriously…the suspension/handling is just sick!!
You are making me consider trading in the '17 P100D that I just got 5 weeks ago for the MS LR that I have a reservation for w/ Sept. delivery. I know that I wanted the air suspension w/ the adjustable dampers. But to hear that the new MS LR has a better torque at highway speeds...

You are making me consider trading in the '17 P100D that I just got 5 weeks ago for the MS LR that I have a reservation for w/ Sept. delivery. I know that I wanted the air suspension w/ the adjustable dampers. But to hear that the new MS LR has a better torque at highway speeds...
If your stuck on fence…just a couple things to consider be on the “up” side analysis. So…I don’t know what your experience is with the S in re: to creaks and clicks (that for me, we’re present on my 2018S), but that (small as it may seem) really degraded my overall experience, as I couldn’t unhear those sounds.

Too, when Id accelerate hard, there was suspension related vibration that just didn’t seem right.

ALL of those sorts of things are just…GONE on my refreshed S.

I don’t know how to describe that contentment (in that)…other than to say that it makes driving and acceleration and slow moving over things like speed bumps or sharp turns, …as it should be and “joy” in driving versus keying in on something that is just…annoying.

Add to that the performance specs and interior beautification and feeling generally more luxurious and the huge screen and yoke and then the exterior refreshed/more aggressive stance of the car and ..well…the up side is..those are UP’s to me, in the why.

Of course, on the down side, cost matters and your individual financial comfort ability with it matters too…BUT…if cost isn’t the drive away consideration on buying a new S as a whole…from a value standpoint (Plaid vs Long Range), looks, performance and enjoyment standpoint…REALLY can’t say enough about how the refresh has turned out.

Little things like the vented seats are great and the yoke (though controversial for some)…HUGE fan of its function and looks as well.

Best wishes in your decision making!

If your stuck on fence…just a couple things to consider be on the “up” side analysis. So…I don’t know what your experience is with the S in re: to creaks and clicks (that for me, we’re present on my 2018S), but that (small as it may seem) really degraded my overall experience, as I couldn’t unhear those sounds.

Too, when Id accelerate hard, there was suspension related vibration that just didn’t seem right.

I don’t know how to describe that contentment (in that)…other than to say that it makes driving and acceleration and slow moving over things like speed bumps or sharp turns, …as it should be and “joy” in driving versus keying in on something that is just…annoying.

Add to that the performance specs and interior beautification and feeling generally more luxurious and the huge screen and yoke and then the exterior refreshed/more aggressive stance of the car and ..well…the up side is..those are UP’s to me, in the why.

Of course, on the down side, cost matters and your individual financial comfort ability with it matters too…BUT…if cost isn’t the drive away consideration on buying a new S as a whole…from a value standpoint (Plaid vs Long Range), looks, performance and enjoyment standpoint…REALLY can’t say enough about how the refresh has turned out.

Little things like the vented seats are great and the yoke (though controversial for some)…HUGE fan of its function and looks as well.

Great feedback. Thank you for posting. This type of feedback is what is making me switch over from the Euro models.

Will our MS (LR) be further delayed due to the recent quality "hold" that Tesla has put on the current delieries?
The hold is over. The LR Model S seems to be all the Model S I’d ever want or need. If it’s able to break into 10’s, crack the 3 second mark 0-60, I really don’t care. The rest of the perks of this car seem to be compelling enough.

I purchased the 2020 Model Y Performance with PUP July of 2020 and have no regrets! Loving the acceleration!

Attachments

• 20200923_152808_rear_outside_warwick_collision_center.jpg
    20200923_152808_rear_outside_warwick_collision_center.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87

Reading this really makes me want the new LR S. I have a 2018 P100D and the creaks and clicks drive me insane. It is the biggest downside of owning this car the past 2.5 years, I hear them every time I drive.

I have a new LR S on order and a really good trade in offer for my current, but I doubt the new one will come in time. Hopefully it does.

Reading this really makes me want the new LR S. I have a 2018 P100D and the creaks and clicks drive me insane. It is the biggest downside of owning this car the past 2.5 years, I hear them every time I drive.

I have a new LR S on order and a really good trade in offer for my current, but I doubt the new one will come in time. Hopefully it does.
EDD for new MS LR March of 2022! I made the mistake of selling my Tesla when I placed the order in March and I regret it. I may get it by middle of October or November according to my SA.

I ordered mine July 10th and am being told October. Excuse my ignorance, but what is your "SA" please?
Sales Adviser. Your October date seems optimistic based on the fact that I placed my order on March 10 and I have been give delivery date of middle October or November. Hope Tesla resolves the issues that they are having with MS LR and ramp up their production to deliver your car by October. Best of luck.

My recommendation. Take the “trade”…be patient..and LOVE the refresh (whenever it winds up coming to ya)! I am WITH YOU on the creaks and clicks…Honestly…I was at my end (even though I loved So much else about my 2018S). I DO miss my sunroof (live in CA) and I DO wish I still had free super charging for life …as I loved both those things…BUT…I have ZERO regret and when I drive this AMAZING car with AWESOME acceleration, handling, beautiful and functional interior and NO noises…Heaven (well…not actually “Heaven” but as far as things here on earth that are pretty great…? Yeah..Um…that!). You’re gonna be content. Honestly!