Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone with a new LR post their experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeff - Thank you for the nice video and narration. I was vicariously driving my Red LR which will hopefully arrive next month! The LR seems so much more refined than my old 2015 S85 with AP1 & MCU1. Your screen looked so sharp and moved so quickly.
What do you think about the cabin noise level? Have they activated the noise cancellation system? How is the 20+ speaker system?
Can you play games or watch Netflix on the back console? Did your car come with a Yoke shaped game controller?
Have you played with the outside noise alert system which I understand is mandatory? At what speed does it turn off?
How is the acceleration on this car. My wife of 41 years did not care for the fast acceleration on our old S 85 but I just loved it!

Once again thanks for sharing first hand information on LR and please post more videos information on your super LR car.
FYI - I address some of your questions in my review, if looking for comparisons between previous generation Model S cars with the refreshed LR.

Reactions: RobK
Thanks for sharing!

I noticed the same guy posted an acceleration video vs a 2018 Model 3 P.

Running it with youtube stats enabled I timed the 0-60 at ~3.26 seconds for this particular run, within the margin of error considering we don't know the battery SOC

A few more interesting tidbids:
1. 0-100 timed to about 7.6s, that's about 1.2s slower than an older P100D (6.4s 0-100 according to my research Tesla Model S P100D specs, 0-60, quarter mile, lap times - FastestLaps.com)
2. Model S LR comes with Drag Strip/max performance mode!
3. The owner says he is planning on taking it to the drag strip next weekend. So hopefully we'll get some more performance data soon!

Interesting - looks like that is a bit quicker than the Model 3 Performance from 0-100. Wish we knew SOC of both cars.

it does NOT have the carbon wrapped rotors. however it does have updated motors without the the carbon wrapped rotors the same pack as the plaid and heat pump, wheels etc. the carbon wrap rotors are exclusive to the plaid tri-motor setup
Do we know this for sure or are we speculating? The extra power at speed could be from the higher pack voltage I guess.

Do we know this for sure or are we speculating? The extra power at speed could be from the higher pack voltage I guess.

I'd like to believe that the S LR has carbon wrapped motors but the performance data so far looks more in line with the old P100D acceleration to 100. That seems to be more inline with it not having carbon wrapped rotors, or having software limited power curves to protect the P margin.

I recall watching someone's recorded live stream from the (DragTime's I believe) where one of the Tesla engineers says that each of the 3 motors in the Plaid is capable of 400hp but that the car is limited by the battery output for Plaid. If the motors in the LR were of the same power rating it would be capable of 800hp, which would make it in line or faster than the previous Model S Performance.

Interesting - looks like that is a bit quicker than the Model 3 Performance from 0-100. Wish we knew SOC of both cars.

I might be able to answer that, as those are my cars ;)

Model 3 Performance: ~64%
Model S LR: ~72%

Not sure if SOC affects the S that much. I have a Dragy in the mail and plan to test it at various levels.

Weather permitting, should have 1/4 mile time Friday night and some good footage of these cars side by side.

How are the SEATS in the S? I have an early 13 MS85 and it’s seats are like a park bench. I have a 2020 M3Performance and the seats are quite comfortable. I’m 6’4” and I found the last generation of seats in the S a bit curved in the wrong places for my size. I just ordered my S LR yesterday. Thrilled.

How are the SEATS in the S? I have an early 13 MS85 and it’s seats are like a park bench. I have a 2020 M3Performance and the seats are quite comfortable. I’m 6’4” and I found the last generation of seats in the S a bit curved in the wrong places for my size. I just ordered my S LR yesterday. Thrilled.

I'm 6'1" and have the "next gen" seats in our 2015. For me they were overbolstered and I could never get 100% comfortable. I found the M3P seats perfect. I could sit in them all day, and actually have... 14 hour days driving from TX to CA and back earlier this year with no discomfort. The new S seats... are on a level above that. They fit like a glove, and have built in cooling. With the cooling on, it's like floating on a cool breeze. They nailed these seats.

That is good to hear about the sea. One of my complaints about the seats in our MY is there is no ventilation. I worked in Houston for some time and our weather is often very similar here. The car the MY replaced had good forced air ventilation and it was one of the first things I missed in the heat here.

The LR is looking like it could be the best car in the lineup all things considered. Plenty of usable performance and a nice dose of comfort with a quiet cabin. I can't wait for ours to show up.

Thanks for sharing. I think I am going to hate it. I am not concerned about normal driving but how it will work in situations where you rely upon reflexes and muscle memory.

The bigger question for me is how did he orders his in June and get it already?

Thanks for sharing. I think I am going to hate it. I am not concerned about normal driving but how it will work in situations where you rely upon reflexes and muscle memory.

I was thinking the same thing about how quickly he got delivery. It makes me wonder about his configuration or if he purchased FSD. Perhaps those were factors.

I am too cheap to buy a Draggy so I cannot test my LR. I did launch it at our office and it was fast (stupid fast to put it technically). Will breakdown one of these days and get it.
What a beautiful dog you have. We used to have a German Shepard just like him (black & tan). I still miss him after 30 years.

What a beautiful dog you have. We used to have a German Shepard just like him (black & tan). I still miss him after 30 years.

That is Scooby. He was put down due to spinal cancer that incapacitated him in a matter of days. Our current GSD is an awesome dog but just cannot replace Scoobs. My allergies act up every time I think of the good times we had...

I'd like to believe that the S LR has carbon wrapped motors but the performance data so far looks more in line with the old P100D acceleration to 100. That seems to be more inline with it not having carbon wrapped rotors, or having software limited power curves to protect the P margin.

I recall watching someone's recorded live stream from the (DragTime's I believe) where one of the Tesla engineers says that each of the 3 motors in the Plaid is capable of 400hp but that the car is limited by the battery output for Plaid. If the motors in the LR were of the same power rating it would be capable of 800hp, which would make it in line or faster than the previous Model S Performance.

The motors have never been the limiting factor in horsepower. Tesla got in a lot of trouble early on for saying their motors were capable of a certain horsepower when the car itself couldn't deliver due to the battery. There may be a reason for Tesla to use the same motors and everything: just one motor construction line. Not sure myself. We'll have to see what comes up over time!

Reactions: MagnusMako