Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Disable Two-Foot Warning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Allan22S

Supporting Member
Like many who learned to drive decades ago, I was trained to use my left foot for faster braking. That usually results in both pedals being slightly depressed for a fraction of a second as the right foot comes off the accelerator while the left applies the brakes. Now my 2022 S punishes me with irritating warning beeps. Does anyone know how to disable it? Understandably, service won't say.

why TF are you driving with 2 feet that just seems quite illogical. And i drove manual cars for about 20 years before buying the tesla and the left foot is for the clutch only, the brake and gas is the right foot job.

and no you cant disable it because of the people that said they hit the brake pedal and drove full speed into their house, so now it turns off the motors when you hit both pedals and gives you warnings.

• Disagree
Reactions: Allan22S
Upvote 1
It was a thing many many decades ago until two things became abundantly clear:

- whatever safety came from faster application of brakes with the left foot were far outweighed by the increase in accidents that came from drivers resting their foot, no matter how lightly, and illuminating the brake lights. Lots more rear ending accidents since people can’t tell when a car is actually braking if the brake lights are just always on.
- those same people were going through brakes significantly faster.

Hence why it’s not taught anymore and drivers driving that way should really reconsider the technique.

• Informative
Reactions: Lindenwood
Upvote 0
It gets into a vehicle functional safety requirement. Overt indication that you have both brake and throttle depressed at the same time. Indirectly related to unattended acceleration situations and wanting brake pedal being depressed to override or take priority over accelerator inputs.
Everyone knows that. It's panicked idiots who do that. It doesn't apply to those of us who've been trained to drive that way. We simply want dictatorial car manufacturers to let us turn off what is completely unnecessary for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone knows that. It's panicked idiots who do that. It doesn't apply to those of us who've been trained to drive that way. We simply want dictatorial car manufacturers to let us turn off what is completely unnecessary for us.
Adapt or die?

Tesla isn’t going to budge on this one. The way you were taught to drive is unsafe in a modern car with 500+ horsepower.

Reactions: uscbucsfan
Upvote 0
why TF are you driving with 2 feet that just seems quite illogical. And i drove manual cars for about 20 years before buying the tesla and the left foot is for the clutch only, the brake and gas is the right foot job.

and no you cant disable it because of the people that said they hit the brake pedal and drove full speed into their house, so now it turns off the motors when you hit both pedals and gives you warnings.
That's an insulting smart-ass answer. If you actually read my post you would know why. Who made you the pontificator of what is illogical. what the foot assignment is for everyone including for people who have been driving otherwise foe over 60 years.
Adapt or die?

Tesla isn’t going to budge on this one. The way you were taught to drive is unsafe in a modern car with 500+ horsepower.
That's as illogical as your first answer. P.S. -- My first car in 1957 was a 425 horsepower hemihead DeSoto

Upvote 0