Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I inspect interior before accepting delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depends on the specific delivery center. Or maybe how busy they are that day. They unlocked my car without me asking and told me to take my time to go over anything I wanted before heading inside to accept delivery and sign paperwork.

Reactions: Kupe
Don‘t accept a car without thoroughly inspecting it, inside and out. Open all the doors, frunk, trunk, move all the seats, drop the seats, run the windows, wipers, check the lights, the charging port, radio, literally everything. Check the fit and finish of the car, inspect tires and rims…

Take your time and do it right!

Depends on location, circumstances, and SAs.

One Tesla location I go to allowed inspecting interior/exterior of car before accepting (this was few months back) but now they are NOT allowing people to inspect interior until after they accept delivery.

Reactions: James2023y
SC in Raleigh was very low key with my delivery. They let me look over the car and didn't rush me. I found one panel I wanted realigned and made a service ticket and got it repaired again without any hassle. I heard the same about inspecting the interior. Hope your delivery goes well.

I’m picking up my car on Wednesday and have seen conflicting reports on whether or not Tesla allows you to inspect the interior before accepting delivery. TIA!
Since you are picking up on Wednesday, you'll be past the end of quarter rush. That can bide well on the delivery advisor's time to work for you.

The big question is what you are going to do if you find anything. Are you going to reject the car? Or are you going to have them listed on a due bill for Tesla to remediate with a service vehicle?

While it definitely depends on the delivery center and most specifically the delivery advisor and how busy they are, they aren't going to allow you 4 hours to review the car.

But honestly, what are you going to inspect on the interior? That's generally been one of Tesla's less problematic areas.

You also need to remember that Teslas are built to a different standard than other vehicles. You will see unpainted areas that are often painted on other cars. You are't going to get these painted, so no need to even try.

We picked up ours on 3/29 and were given all the time we wanted to inspect inside and out. Payment and document signing after inspection. No pressure whatsoever at Tysons with lots of others picking up before quarter end. They outfitted a new warehouse space strictly for pick up with 40 or 50 cars lined up along the walls. Very smooth organized process.

Reactions: Kupe
Since you are picking up on Wednesday, you'll be past the end of quarter rush. That can bide well on the delivery advisor's time to work for you.

The big question is what you are going to do if you find anything. Are you going to reject the car? Or are you going to have them listed on a due bill for Tesla to remediate with a service vehicle?

While it definitely depends on the delivery center and most specifically the delivery advisor and how busy they are, they aren't going to allow you 4 hours to review the car.

But honestly, what are you going to inspect on the interior? That's generally been one of Tesla's less problematic areas.

You also need to remember that Teslas are built to a different standard than other vehicles. You will see unpainted areas that are often painted on other cars. You are't going to get these painted, so no need to even try.
Lol I posted this a month ago. All went well though. They let me look inside.

As I was inspecting the car at the Fremont factory. They wouldn’t let me check inside, I had to accept the delivery to unlock the car. I refused the first order because of the panel gap. Got a new appointment for next week.

Have you been able to do a full inspection before taking the delivery? This is shady that we can’t inspect the car, especially when there are known issues. It doesn’t build trust. I’ve read this this a thing, I’m wonder how widespread this is.

I don't know man, I just accepted a delivery yesterday and they opened the car for me to look around first. This was in Charlotte, NC. I've heard of the whole "keeping the car locked until you accept delivery" thing before, but I was with probably 10 other people scheduled for delivery at the same time as me, and they were all checking out the inside and outside of their model Ys.

We picked up ours on 3/29 and were given all the time we wanted to inspect inside and out. Payment and document signing after inspection. No pressure whatsoever at Tysons with lots of others picking up before quarter end. They outfitted a new warehouse space strictly for pick up with 40 or 50 cars lined up along the walls. Very smooth organized process.
I had the exact same experience with Tysons Corner when I picked up on 30 April. They were insistent I fully inspect the car, inside and out, before returning to the desk to take delivery. 👍