Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I transfer my custom order to an existing inventory car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the 4-8 week delivery date waiting games. I've been in the habit of perusing the Tesla existing inventory each day online. Today, I did find my exact M3 configuration. Is it possible to transfer my current order to the one that matches my configuration? If so, would that put a more definitive date on my delivery? Also, what would be the usual (ballpark) time frame for delivery, coming from the already existing Tesla inventory? Also, would I still be able to take advantage of the free 1000 supercharging miles, as my current order was placed under my friend's referral link?

You could call your closest SC and ask. That's what I did when I ordered one and found one online instead. However the one online might be sold by the time you call tomorrow. Don't keep your hopes up.

I actually got the inventory car sniped by another purchaser within the minute I called. however they were able to locate another car, you might be lucky.

You could call your closest SC and ask. That's what I did when I ordered one and found one online instead. However the one online might be sold by the time you call tomorrow. Don't keep your hopes up.

I actually got the inventory car sniped by another purchaser within the minute I called. however they were able to locate another car, you might be lucky.
How do you get an inventory car held for you? Is it another deposit? Or do you already have to have your funds ready to transfer the full amount or do you have a couple days to get your funds squared away to have your auto loan sent; I am financing my vehicle.

How do you get an inventory car held for you? Is it another deposit? Or do you already have to have your funds ready to transfer the full amount or do you have a couple days to get your funds squared away to have your auto loan sent; I am financing my vehicle.

so when they found my an inventory car, they canceled my previous ordered and placed a new order with the inventory vin attached. My car was a week away from me so it gave me one week to prepare the delivery check and when I went to pick up the delivery I paid the fee.

You will have to pay the reservation fee again and have your previous orders fee refunded in seven business days.

Reactions: swb2734
so when they found my an inventory car, they canceled my previous ordered and placed a new order with the inventory vin attached. My car was a week away from me so it gave me one week to prepare the delivery check and when I went to pick up the delivery I paid the fee.

You will have to pay the reservation fee again and have your previous orders fee refunded in seven business days.
The big difference is they I'm here in Texas and we have to have the full payment before we can pick up our vehicle. Everything about three process is different for us here in Texas. We have to pay the sales tax separately and afterward; it can't be changed. We also have to have our insurance policy reflecting the Tesla VIN before being able to pick up Tesla; or current car policy insurance won't due. And then there's Tesla babying to have our full payment beforehand. We can't turn over a check or any form off payment at the time of delivery.

The big difference is they I'm here in Texas and we have to have the full payment before we can pick up our vehicle. Everything about three process is different for us here in Texas. We have to pay the sales tax separately and afterward; it can't be changed. We also have to have our insurance policy reflecting the Tesla VIN before being able to pick up Tesla; or current car policy insurance won't due. And then there's Tesla babying to have our full payment beforehand. We can't turn over a check or any form off payment at the time of delivery.

my loans paid for half the car and the additional check I brought paid the rest including state tax. The day before delivery they required me to send insurance proof to them as I already had the vin.
We were given a choice either to pay during the delivery or pay before so I did during delivery as I wanted to make sure my vehicle was flawless.

Oh, and also, we can't finance with Tesla. We have to finance thru our own bank or credit Union institution.

Oh, and also, we can't finance with Tesla. We have to finance thru our own bank or credit Union institution.

I had the choice of either Tesla financing or go through local bank union. My bank union was fast and quick. It only took a day to process everything and get the check. If your inventory vehicle is close by to you, you’ll need a speedy process. Good luck man. The order makes people impatient

I had the choice of either Tesla financing or go through local bank union. My bank union was fast and quick. It only took a day to process everything and get the check. If your inventory vehicle is close by to you, you’ll need a speedy process. Good luck man. The order makes people impatient
The vehicle is in the Bay area and I'm in Texas, so not too close:)