Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone please help - car is in service and app won't load service messages - gives error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

My car is at service and I do not have a phone number for them. I had a notification on my phone that said I had a new message. When I open my app and try to view it, it says "Error, try again later. Failed fetching service tracker."

I've tried logging out, deleting the app, re-installing, and also turning off my phone, re-installing app, etc, none works. Tried on two different phones. Aside from taking a road trip to the service center, I'm not sure what else to do. A buddy suggested that the car probably lost connection and needs rebooted, but I can't do this as I don't have access to the car lol.

App will work for service communication even if you don't have a car or if the car is offline.

Can you try putting in a new service request? It's dumb because your car is already IN service, but Tesla has not left you with many other options.

App will work for service communication even if you don't have a car or if the car is offline.

Can you try putting in a new service request? It's dumb because your car is already IN service, but Tesla has not left you with many other options.

I can't do anything except click the "service status" button. Won't let me view anything else or try to click anything else, other than the settings icon which doesn't show anything related.

Here's a look. First page, and then the error when I click "service status"

Attachments

• IMG_5216.PNG
    IMG_5216.PNG
    222.8 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_5215.PNG
    IMG_5215.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 144
You may want to reboot your phone.

Tried this one already, unfortunately. Deleted app, rebooted, downloaded app, logged in, same issue.

Tesla really needs to fix this problem. If they want everything to be app-based only, then the app needs to be working.... But I know they switched from text notification to app-based. Why not just keep text? Clearly this method is not the way to go.

Additionally, I know the message is important. We are doing MCU2 upgrade and then also fixing a popping sound when turning the wheel (most likely shim bolts being replaced). But he had said "we'll contact you on the messaging system first before we proceed with doing the steering sound work so that you know exactly how much it is and can decide if you want to proceed." Welp. lol

Try this number: +1 (877) 798-3752
And select the service option. After they tell you to go through the app, there are more options when it recognizes that you are calling from a phone number associated with a Tesla account. I think option #3 is for your local service center. I didn’t dive any more past that point when I just tried it out, but I did manage to reach my local service center this way once in the recent past. And someone actually answered at my SC. 😀

Try this number: +1 (877) 798-3752
And select the service option. After they tell you to go through the app, there are more options when it recognizes that you are calling from a phone number associated with a Tesla account. I think option #3 is for your local service center. I didn’t dive any more past that point when I just tried it out, but I did manage to reach my local service center this way once in the recent past. And someone actually answered at my SC. 😀
Duuuude. Boom! You are awesome! That WORKED lol. I always stopped past the "You *must* use the app to schedule, modify, or cancel service." lol

Spoke to someone and got clarification on several things AND found out my car should be ready today or Monday. :D

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
frankp85d, I started getting this same exact message after I scheduled a service appointment. I've done all the things you tried and nothing has worked so I'm still getting that error message. But I looked up the number to the local Tesla service center and guess what? it takes you to the national Tesla number but as Bigriver said, if you follow all the prompts it'll eventually connect you to the service center nearest to you so I did get in touch with them and they do have the appointment. When I bring in my car I'll be sure to have them call me or text me directly when its ready, or I'll just wait since they are just installing the Homelink garage door opener which shouldn't take too long. So no, you're not the only one getting this error message and you're right, Tesla needs to fix this. BTW, we're in Pensacola.

So I am now having this issue with my new Model S Refresh LR. There’s a message for me, but I cannot access it. For 3 days it’s been “failed fetching service tracker.” Being Sunday, nobody picks up on the phone.

I’m supposed to have mobile service scheduled between 8 and noon tomorrow, so my guess is either they cancelled or rescheduled, but no way to find out.

I have this same issue with my service appointment tomorrow. Had to call SC and informed them App does not work for reading service messages. They said this is the first they heard of it but will note it.

Suggest you let your SC know so tesla can fix this.

AC5D053B-E841-4CA1-802A-36526132A2EE.png
I picked up my car yesterday and last night after I parked I wasn’t able to activate sentry mode. Service center is closed for the weekend and they didn’t close out the service order so I’m sorta stuck without a fully functioning app. I don’t want to delete the app and reinstall as everything I’ve read on this issue says it doesn’t work. I’ve rebooted the phone, car, etc…. Perhaps I’m stuck until Monday when they open