Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone please photo shop a white rendering of Model 3

what color are going to get

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While greatly appreciating especially bayol for his photoshop wizardry, I am beginning to wonder whether we have slightly overdone this to the extent that some of these colors will simply not be available from Tesla. Also, it is a bit difficult to compare and contrast all the colors together to check which of them works best for Model 3. I wonder whether someone would be kind enough to do a single document (possibly downloadable) which shows Model 3 with every currently available Tesla color (MS and MX colors) - like a typical flyer you get from dealers for other cars. And it would be good if we can take out the tinted glasses and special rims and just have the car as we expect in base form.

Those of you in front of the queue will be invited to configure the car in the coming months (I think) and it will be good to be clear and fully decided on what color to go for don't you think?

Thanks for the suggestion @Jayc, it seems others liked the idea as well. I went ahead and thought it might be a decent idea to put a website together for this purpose. Its modeled after Tesla's Design Studio and is limited to Tesla Colors. Its a bit rough around the edges, but I want to keep developing it in the future. It does take some serious time, as does all the photoshop work, so I added a donate button in case anyone is feeling friendly. I will put any donations toward my Model 3 savings effort.

So ya, here it is: www.model3config.com

Let me know what you all think. I would like to add more photos in the future that you can play with. And I'm going to make a separate thread solely about this website.

Thanks for the suggestion @Jayc, it seems others liked the idea as well. I went ahead and thought it might be a decent idea to put a website together for this purpose. Its modeled after Tesla's Design Studio and is limited to Tesla Colors. Its a bit rough around the edges, but I want to keep developing it in the future. It does take some serious time, as does all the photoshop work, so I added a donate button in case anyone is feeling friendly. I will put any donations toward my Model 3 savings effort.

Let me know what you all think. I would like to add more photos in the future that you can play with. And I'm going to make a separate thread solely about this website.

@bayol, you made me the happiest girl in Germany on this sunday morning (CET) THANK YOU so much!!! :)

Wow! This is great! Thank you for the effort...

Does anyone have a ballpark estimate for what it might cost to blackout the chrome? I'm really loving that look with the black, white and midnight silver.

If you want to go the DIY route, you can buy a plasti dip kit and it costs around $20. There's a video on YouTube from the company DipYourCar.com on how to black out the chrome on the Model S:

I'm thinking I'll give this a try with my 3, if there's no non-chrome option.

• Informative
Reactions: Blackout and Topher

It's awesome, made an initial donation with potential for more. Thanks for putting the time and effort towards this. Would be good when you get a chance, to have the option to pick standard wheels rather than low profile ones. Also my earlier comment about tinted windows, here in the UK at least, there is no chance of tinting windscreen and front windows so would be good to see how it would look without - these are just suggestions to do only if possible.

Finally, a word of caution to everyone making various requests for colours and trims... keep it real and down to earth or else when Tesla puts up their real configurator, people are going to get really disappointed when they don't see their favourite configuration there.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissAutobahn
If you want to go the DIY route, you can buy a plasti dip kit and it costs around $20. There's a video on YouTube from the company DipYourCar.com on how to black out the chrome on the Model S:

Nice, that looks really good. I'd be scared to attempt that myself because I'm terrible with DIY stuff and could see myself screwing it up.

What's the expected life of the plastidip product? He was just rolling off the unwanted bits in the video with his finger. Seems like this stuff would scratch up or come off really easily.

Nice, that looks really good. I'd be scared to attempt that myself because I'm terrible with DIY stuff and could see myself screwing it up.

It is much easier than you might think. At worst, you do a horrible job, and need to peel it all off and start over.

What's the expected life of the plastidip product? He was just rolling off the unwanted bits in the video with his finger. Seems like this stuff would scratch up or come off really easily.

A few years. It doesn't tend to peel off, but rocks etc. do 'chip' it. It takes a week or so to get firm.

Thank you kindly.

VERY cool.
I was originally hooked on Silver Metallic, but this thing now has me flicking back and forth between the Solid Black and Midnight Silver.
Donation sent, and happy to contribute more if you decide to develop other views/angles or options for wheel size and trim color.

Finally, a word of caution to everyone making various requests for colours and trims... keep it real and down to earth or else when Tesla puts up their real configurator, people are going to get really disappointed when they don't see their favourite configuration there.
Very good point, however I think with the far greater volume of the 3 we might stand a chance of having more colours offered than for the S or X. I'm also hoping someone at the mothership is paying close attention to bayol's work here and the resulting opinions/preferences discussed.

Reactions: Jayc and Blackout

I wonder how it would look if he used gloss black on a car painted Matt black? Hmmm interesting I might try that myself...

@bayol thank you for spending the time on this website it looks great...
Also donate and will donate some more...
I'll share you website to other Tesla forums and encourage other to donate too ;)

PS: the interior pictures, priceless lol...

Last edited: