Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you add service loaner cars to the app now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had the opposite experience - my car was in last week, got a MY as a loaner and I could NOT add it as a loaner in the app. I messaged service and they told me that does happen sometimes (I’ve had loaners other times and have been able to add them, also rental tesla)

Weird thing is the loaner showed up in my app 2 days after I returned it LOL

I had to send another message to service to remove it as I didn’t want to be linked to the car in the event of an accident or something. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When you guys got loaners, was the loaner at least comparable to the car you had serviced? My 2023 Model X now needs another week in the service shop, and this loaner they gave me is just not cutting it. The loaner is a 2017 Model X, but it's completely screwed up. The tags are expired, it needs an alignment (or new control arms real bad) since it drifts horribly, and the entire UX is glitchy where the infotainment has to reboot itself every trip (freezes then displays the Tesla logo while driving).

I've tried to get another loaner, but they said there are normally no Model X or S loaners... and I'm lucky to have one at all. So now I have to do a weekly rental through Costco since I can't use Uber credits (need to have two car seats and have elder/seniors to drive around as well).

Basically I paid money and am getting hit with depreciation on a brand new car I can't drive. And on top of it am paying for a rental. I don't understand what joke Tesla is pulling where they can't support owners with Model S and X with reasonably-comparable loaners.

Last edited:
When you guys got loaners, was the loaner at least comparable to the car you had serviced? My 2023 Model X now needs another week in the service shop, and this loaner they gave me is just not cutting it. The loaner is a 2017 Model X, but it's completely screwed up. The tags are expired, it needs an alignment (or new control arms real bad) since it drifts horribly, and the entire UX is glitchy where the infotainment has to reboot itself every trip (freezes then displays the Tesla logo while driving).

I've tried to get another loaner, but they said there are normally no Model X or S loaners... and I'm lucky to have one at all. So now I have to do a weekly rental through Costco since I can't use Uber credits (need to have two car seats and have elder/seniors to drive around as well).

Basically I paid money and am getting hit with depreciation on a brand new car I can't drive. And on top of it am paying for a rental. I don't understand what joke Tesla is pulling where they can't support owners with Model S and X with reasonably-comparable loaners.
Loaners can be a hit or miss depending on the service center. I've had loaners that were quite new and few that were old but not as bad as you described. At least supercharging is free on the loaners! :)

Loaners can be a hit or miss depending on the service center. I've had loaners that were quite new and few that were old but not as bad as you described. At least supercharging is free on the loaners! :)

Lol yeah the biggest issue of the loaner is it smells like ass inside. I've tried to air it out and fabreeze it, but my family won't ride in it. Even my 3 year old is like "why your new car so stinky daddy???"

Tesla Service = Lame

• Funny
Reactions: komrade