Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you install a wall connector horizontally?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
Weird question I know, but no stranger than all the other ones asking about the best position in a garage ... what about horizontally on the ceiling?

It'd be a good way to provide service to two parking slots and it would be difficult to have it up there with it mounted vertically (ouch!)

Not that I'm really planning on doing it, but it did cross my mind as a possibility (and yes, two of them with dynamic sharing would be better)

Here ya go.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
I don't see why not, it's just electronics inside. From a code perspective, there may be an issue buried in there depending on your area, but technologically speaking there shouldn't be an issue mounting it on the ceiling.

That's funny, I read your post a little too quickly and thought "code perspective" was something to do with software ... then I thought you said "theologically speaking" 🤡

• Funny
Reactions: fiehlsport
I'm seeing an awful lot of "seems fine" in this thread, with no references to the installation manual. If it relies on natural convection for cooling, it may need to be installed vertically or risk overheating and shortening its life. If that's true I'm sure the manual will specify.