Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I have this wrong, please feel free to correct me, but if you have 19" winter wheels and tires from your previous Model S, I don't see why you can't use them on the new model.

The previous winter tires that Tesla sold were 245/45/R19 and the current ones are 255/45/R19. The difference in the total diameter of the wheel+tire in these two setups is less than 1%, which will have no significant impact on speedometer functioning or driving.

With respect to the wheels, the new stock 19" wheels are 10" wide with a 40mm offset in the front, and a 32mm offset in the rear. The previous winter tires from Tesla are 8.5" wide with a 35mm offset. This means that if you put the 8.5" winter winter wheels on the new Tesla, the front winter wheels will have 24mm more clearance on the inner aspect, and the outer aspect will sit 14mm more retracted. On the rear tires, that changes to 16mm more clearance on the inner aspect, and 22mm more retracted on the outer aspect.

I don't see how going to a smaller width tire, with more clearance, could be a problem unless there's safety ramifications that I'm unaware of? I had thought the change to wider tires, and different offsets was likely done for performance purposes, something I'm not concerned about when talking winter wheels. Please correct me if I've made any errors with this.
You're off on the stock rim dimensions, the actual dimensions are

19X9.5" Front, 19X10.5" Rear Offset: +40 Front, +45 Rear

DIRECT FIT FLOW FORMED R241 REPLICA WHEEL. Available in Satin Black or Space Grey.
- 3 Year Finish Warranty
- Lifetime structural Warranty
- FREE Installation
- Includes TPMS Sensors

19" Package
4 x 245/45/19 Winter Tires
OPTION 1 - Michelin X-Ice SNOW $2299 + HST
OPTION 2 - Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 $2399 + HST

$100 Deposit to reserve.

SpenceTIRE inc.
1-90 Melford Drive
Scarborough ON M1B 2A1
416-299-7730
Tues-Sat 10am-7pm
By Appointment Only

Follow us on Instagram @Spencetire.inc
Thank you!

No problem. I’ve used Spence for years for tires, rim repair, caliper painting etc. He works with all high end vehicles as well and has probably worked on more Teslas in GTA than any other 3rd party tire shop.

He stands by his work 👍🏽and never an issue.
While I’m sure I want winter tires installed for the season, it feels weird ordering them before I even have the vehicle. Spence is saying they’ll hold the tires until Dec. my Model S delivery date has been revised again to Nov 29-Dec 19 (from mid November).

You're off on the stock rim dimensions, the actual dimensions are

19X9.5" Front, 19X10.5" Rear Offset: +40 Front, +45 Rear
Sorry, I was comparing to the winter wheels that T Sportsline has for the refreshed S. My overall comments still hold true though. Unless there’s a safety reason I’m unaware of, I don’t think there’s be any issue using the 245/45/R19 winter tires on the 19x8.5” wheels that were meant for the previous generation.

Reactions: Bitjockey
Gaps are still a problem. I had Tesla adjust the trunk and frunk gaps so they are now more or less even on both sides but my front and rear door gaps are larger compared to some other new MS on the lot. Also the lower window trim on every car seems to be about 2mm short so doesn't reach the very edge of the door.

New to the forums and first time trying out a Tesla or any EV for that matter. Just picked up a MSP black/black today from Vancouver. Had originally ordered white/cream that showed end of Sep delivery, then Oct7-27. Recvd an unexpected call today saying 2 plaids were avail for immediate pickup one blue and one black. Blue was already sold within an hour and I managed to snag the black. Another red plaid was being picked up at the same time so looks like at least a handful of early plaid deliveries have been occurring in Vancouver. Amazing cars.

Attachments

• 05F775F1-5490-47B9-84E3-1749945B8859.jpeg
    05F775F1-5490-47B9-84E3-1749945B8859.jpeg
    679.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 741A8969-19DD-47EC-B4AA-61CD2A951A52.jpeg
    741A8969-19DD-47EC-B4AA-61CD2A951A52.jpeg
    561.3 KB · Views: 60
  • B186B722-496B-4DF1-BFFC-FBE73162385C.jpeg
    B186B722-496B-4DF1-BFFC-FBE73162385C.jpeg
    782.2 KB · Views: 59
New to the forums and first time trying out a Tesla or any EV for that matter. Just picked up a MSP black/black today from Vancouver. Had originally ordered white/cream that showed end of Sep delivery, then Oct7-27. Recvd an unexpected call today saying 2 plaids were avail for immediate pickup one blue and one black. Blue was already sold within an hour and I managed to snag the black. Another red plaid was being picked up at the same time so looks like at least a handful of early plaid deliveries have been occurring in Vancouver. Amazing cars.
The two Plaids were not sold already, or did the buyers withdraw?

Congrats on your S delivery, sorry to hear about your fit and finish issues, keep us posted on their resolutions.

Curious as to what tires you received, Pirelli summers or Conti A/S?

I also couldn't find the right answer, but I doubt 8.5" wheels can be fitted on the rear which comes with 10.5" rims.
It came with Procontact. For the winters, i would buy after market wheels, i guess your rigth if i go narrower rims i may need spacers as it sits flush with the 285's on the rear.

DIRECT FIT FLOW FORMED R241 REPLICA WHEEL. Available in Satin Black or Space Grey.
- 3 Year Finish Warranty
- Lifetime structural Warranty
- FREE Installation
- Includes TPMS Sensors

19" Package
4 x 245/45/19 Winter Tires
OPTION 1 - Michelin X-Ice SNOW $2299 + HST
OPTION 2 - Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 $2399 + HST

$100 Deposit to reserve.

SpenceTIRE inc.
1-90 Melford Drive
Scarborough ON M1B 2A1
416-299-7730
Tues-Sat 10am-7pm
By Appointment Only

Follow us on Instagram @Spencetire.inc
Thank you... How does the X-ICE snow compare to say a Pirelli Sottozero? I havent used nokians since i had them 15 years ago on my nissan maxima!

Yes, the fit and finish is lacking. A lot of cosmetic stuff, but the bigger issue was the front passenger door didn't close properly. They tinkered with it a bit and said "it should get better over time". My wife's car, she had a 2015 MS. 1 day in and about 100km of mostly highway driving, her basic take on the yoke is Highway good, parking bad.
Mine is on the drivers side door, looks liek it is it is a full quarter of an inch out of alignment.. The hood is also lower by 1/4" on one side over the other, and none of the panel gaps are consistent.

Interior trim is higher on one side over the other slightly.

Also noticing that playing any streaming music is massively delayed while connected to the LTE in the TEsla. Just to start a radio station takes almost 30 seconds.

Very quirky car, but flooring it makes me forget everythign lol!

Intriguing. Been through 3 diff MS since 2015 and by 2018 the finish was actually great. Sad to see they went back a notch. Getting better over time is the standard response yep. I’d book a service appt and have it rectified.

Yoke…so as opposed to a wheel which is is highway good, parking good, turning good, resting hand good, one hand on top driving good. 😂 will you get used to it?

I’m wondering if it’s the yoke or the fact that stalks don’t exist anymore. My thought is is they kept the stalks for signals, wipers etc…may have been an easier transition?
The Yoke - honestly if i had a choice i would always revert back to a circle. I have gotten use to it, alraedy, but teh quirkiness just makes no sense.

1. For example, lets say you need to turn on the signal but your wheel is alraedy turned.. good luck trying to find the signal direction
2. Going straight and makign mild turns is all good.
3. Doing parking just seems more complicated for no reason. its not about muscle memory but seems like a step backwards (almost like going from fuel injection to carbs).
4. Why the horn is a button makes no sense. Had a person run a stop sign and almost kill me, and my natural reaction is jam the horn in the middle, but it wasnt there. Imagine searching for one small button in this scenario is absurd and a safety issue.
5. Why is the window wiper a two press affair? One to activate and then dial to adjust intermittant? makes no sense.

On contrast, my 21 F150 Lariet is more traditional. After driving the model S around then hoping in to the F150, it just makes more sense.. Almost feels like an upgrade to have proper turn signals, a circle wheel, proper horn and window wiper control!!

Thank you... How does the X-ICE snow compare to say a Pirelli Sottozero? I havent used nokians since i had them 15 years ago on my nissan maxima!
I've used X-ICE on my cars for a number of years. They perform solidly (snow, ice, slush, wet) and have a good reputation along with decent durability (4+ years on my S). I've never tried Nokians, but would like to try them comparatively, not so sold on the Pirellis as a winter tire.

I’ve just cancelled my remaining Model S Plaid order and released it to the ether. I hope someone else here enjoys a Blue/White interior for me :)

I’m glad people here are enjoying their cars even though they have build challenges but it’s solidified my desire to not purchase anything from the Fremont factory ever again. I’m going to circle back around when Austin plant is online, hopefully the updated lines produce something better.

We’re holding on the Model X LR but it’s a race against the Rivian R1S that we have on order for my wife. Tesla lost two Model S Plaid’s and potentially a Model X LR this year out of me.

As an aside I’m not finding Electrify Canada too bad, the Taycan has Plug and Charge so there’s no messing around.

I’ve just cancelled my remaining Model S Plaid order and released it to the ether. I hope someone else here enjoys a Blue/White interior for me :)

I’m glad people here are enjoying their cars even though they have build challenges but it’s solidified my desire to not purchase anything from the Fremont factory ever again. I’m going to circle back around when Austin plant is online, hopefully the updated lines produce something better.

We’re holding on the Model X LR but it’s a race against the Rivian R1S that we have on order for my wife. Tesla lost two Model S Plaid’s and potentially a Model X LR this year out of me.

As an aside I’m not finding Electrify Canada too bad, the Taycan has Plug and Charge so there’s no messing around.
What was the wait on your Taycan? Thinking of going this route.

What was the wait on your Taycan? Thinking of going this route.

I got a Taycan Turbo off the lot as I was sick of waiting for a car (nearly 11 months for the Plaid+). Fit and finish is next level but the software is terrible, getting better but slowly.

Electrify Canada is better than I thought and a TeslaTap mini let’s me use my Tesla Wall Connector and Destination Chargers.

There appears to be a wait for new cars - Porsche Taycan Forum – TaycanForum.com – Porsche Taycan EV Electric Vehicle Blog News Forum Info Community

From Vancouver island. ordered my plaid in september actually and was told that I would get delivery in Jan-feb 2022. Just got emailed this past monday that mine is here!! Imagine my surprise when they called me....apparently due to my colour combo which is grey with cream interior which is super rare I was able to get it!! picking it up from richmond vancouver today....going to bank to get bank draft today!! will post photo once i get it
Fit and finish of my grey model s plaid has been fine it’s quite excellent compared to my model 3 standard range plus. I just did my first ever drag strip launch on the inland island highway on Vancouver island….My brain still hurts… good luck everyone and stay safe

Attachments

• F3EA9F63-6CC0-40F8-AC65-7ACF57988680.jpeg
    F3EA9F63-6CC0-40F8-AC65-7ACF57988680.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 658CBB52-6713-4CD1-9826-9A299F6BA5BC.jpeg
    658CBB52-6713-4CD1-9826-9A299F6BA5BC.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 658EE395-AD69-4A9B-A106-E20462457ED9.jpeg
    658EE395-AD69-4A9B-A106-E20462457ED9.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 57
  • B578BDAD-D0F6-46D8-9403-EA7FD4D52F26.jpeg
    B578BDAD-D0F6-46D8-9403-EA7FD4D52F26.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 44
  • FD8019E3-1736-4B94-A417-EA3C093B0904.jpeg
    FD8019E3-1736-4B94-A417-EA3C093B0904.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 3795FD84-8659-4A6C-B30C-72340ED512EB.jpeg
    3795FD84-8659-4A6C-B30C-72340ED512EB.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 393003F8-32B2-43C6-A705-EE0765814138.jpeg
    393003F8-32B2-43C6-A705-EE0765814138.jpeg
    531.6 KB · Views: 47
Am I the only one stuck with no update whatsoever in more than a month?

My EDD has been saying Oct 6-26 for weeks. No VIN yet. My friend who ordered a LR the day before me just had his financing canceled today. So I expect mine to be canceled tomorrow or in a couple days max

Plaid, white/black, 19s.

This sucks.