Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada order update (Got invite)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also got an invite today at 809pm. I made deposit online. It was actually open a few min before the official time so got in early I guess. I was #108k. London, Ontario.

Attachments

• 754D7624-716C-4373-93A8-ECF54D420B13.png
    754D7624-716C-4373-93A8-ECF54D420B13.png
    928 KB · Views: 78
Just got off the phone with a sales rep, said they cannot guarantee anything with respect to wait times for AWD or RWD LR, which is expected. HOWEVER, I was expecting them to be more liberal in their approach to allow for order cancellation if June comes and goes, PC wins and scraps EV incentive, and I'm still stuck with an order I can't get EV incentive on. She said basically it's not their problem: whatever happens, you're stuck with the M3. I guess that's fair on their part, it just sucks not knowing accurate delivery, and the June 8 deadline being so close. Also the fact that you have to place an order while you still can't test drive the 3. Too many unknowns. Do you guys think it's worth the risk ordering straight away?

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Nice everyone! Thanks for clarifying. I ordered last week and I am a Model S owner. They ensured me I would be put in front of line because I want to get before PCs come into power. I was at Tesla yesterday, they told me I should get my invite in a week or so but non-owners still getting invites. Not that I am complaining, those who ordered first should get the invite before me, I just hate that they lied. :mad:

Just got off the phone with a sales rep, said they cannot guarantee anything with respect to wait times for AWD or RWD LR, which is expected. HOWEVER, I was expecting them to be more liberal in their approach to allow for order cancellation if June comes and goes, PC wins and scraps EV incentive, and I'm still stuck with an order I can't get EV incentive on. She said basically it's not their problem: whatever happens, you're stuck with the M3. I guess that's fair on their part, it just sucks not knowing accurate delivery, and the June 8 deadline being so close. Also the fact that you have to place an order while you still can't test drive the 3. Too many unknowns. Do you guys think it's worth the risk ordering straight away?

I was told by Tesla Oakville that I CAN cancel and get my deposit back if the rebate is nullified. The fact that they are advertising the rebate and showing the discounted price of the car during the ordering period is grounds to fight it alone.

Think about it, how many people know that there is an official EVIP listing of vehicles? Probably mainly the real enthusiasts for the most part. When Joe Blow who reserved gets his invite to configure, goes through the process and in the final summary page they are greeting with numbers showing that the car qualifies for a $14k rebate and it even shows that rebate deducted from the purchase price then proceeds to order. If it's announced that the rebate does not apply later on, then the cost structure that Joe Blow thought was he was purchasing no longer applies. It would be an easy case to warrant a refund.

The terms of the sale would have changed in a significant way based on what you thought you were going to pay.

Called the Ministry of Transportation yesterday and the sad part is that the Tesla Model S and X was taken off the list and the Model 3
has not been added:( The question is whether its going to be added or not is getting me a bit nervous. Last year I spoke to one of the sales people and he assured me that they will take care of the paper work for the government incentives. I guess that's not going to happen unless the Model 3 makes it on the list.