Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CANADA Version 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9dbcfdf98d5a3fc49a8f1d693dca3086.jpg

What a start!
That was from Mississauga with 7.1? I did a trip from Etobicoke to Ottawa today (starting with the battery at 97%) and the 7.1 trip planner gave me a perfectly good route, with just one charging stop in Kingston. Yesterday when I tried the trip planner (not the trip :wink:) it wanted me to stop at the Toronto SC too, but that was with the battery around 70%.

I guess Tesla rolls out the updates according to VIN. Our lower VIN MS finally got the update but our newer MS hasn't been invited to an update yet. Gonna try the auto homelink for our garage and gate in the morning and I'll see how much better the wiper function will be with lots of rain in the forecast.

I guess Tesla rolls out the updates according to VIN. Our lower VIN MS finally got the update but our newer MS hasn't been invited to an update yet. Gonna try the auto homelink for our garage and gate in the morning and I'll see how much better the wiper function will be with lots of rain in the forecast.

dmd2005, my 70D is pretty new, as a reference my VIN is 106233. So i'm not sure if they rollout based on VIN

dmd2005, my 70D is pretty new, as a reference my VIN is 106233. So i'm not sure if they rollout based on VIN

My 103150 VIN got the update last night and this morning I got the invite for the 116760 VIN software update...not sure if that's how they sent the software update in batches. Surprised to see my Tesla iPhone app has both MS on one login this morning...was previously logging in and logging out between my wife's Tesla account and my Tesla account. The pull down menu has a "Switch Vehicle" tab between the two cars now.

You guys have any issues with the new "Tacc slows down for highway exits on right signal activation" feature?

That does not seem to work at all here. Tried 5-6 different exits.

Tried with autosteer off and on, taking the exit, not taking the exits. It feels like the feature's not there.

Same result here. No slowing on signalling and taking highway exit. Another feature not available in Canada?

I'v noticed that AP works better on the secondary highways around Edmonton since the update, even the tracking on vehicles while driving in the city has improved. I did notice the restriction
kick in while driving within the city but it wasn't a big deal as it still allows me to go up to 10km/hr over the speed limit. Homelink auto open/close works great!

I'v noticed that AP works better on the secondary highways around Edmonton since the update, even the tracking on vehicles while driving in the city has improved. I did notice the restriction
kick in while driving within the city but it wasn't a big deal as it still allows me to go up to 10km/hr over the speed limit. Homelink auto open/close works great!
Does your car have any clue what the speed limit is? mine does not.
If you are willing, I'd also love to hear your impression of timed nagging. (long straight stretch of highway, no hands, stopwatch, is there a repeatable nag at a specific time?) Many people in the US are reporting one (time varies) however the only person to report from Canada so far says no.

Me either. Grrrrr. Still waiting
Got mine last night and installed. I will see if it works. Question - I just moved into a condo with a garage door to the owners parking garage. Anyone set up homelink with a garage door like that ? Otherwise stuck with the fob

i do hope summon comes to Canada soon I will be off to the cottage for the weekend which has lots of two lane highways so can see the tweaks to the autopilot.

If you are willing, I'd also love to hear your impression of timed nagging. (long straight stretch of highway, no hands, stopwatch, is there a repeatable nag at a specific time?) Many people in the US are reporting one (time varies) however the only person to report from Canada so far says no.

Haven't really had the chance to test it until this morning. From what I can tell, I did not get a timed nag at the 1min or 3min mark. My route did not allow for more testing. I'm driving to Burlington next weekend, I'll have a definitive answer... I'll also be able to check if the behavior of the car changes when I get in the USA ;)

Question - I just moved into a condo with a garage door to the owners parking garage. Anyone set up homelink with a garage door like that ? Otherwise stuck with the fob.

I looked into this while I lived in a condo. My building (like most condos) used a different technology than home garage doors. I don't recall the specifics (frequency or encoding or something) but it meant homelink would not work. It also meant the generic, replacement or auto-learning remotes from your local auto centre won't work either.