Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian 8.0 topic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall I like the update, especially the media player. My only issue, which is a biggie, is when the map is at the top and the app bar buttons automatically hides away, it is a big distraction from the road to try to get another app by forcing me to do extra taps on a not so clear target to turn the app bar back on. I would really like to be able to turn off the auto hide app bar function. I feel forced to put the map at the bottom (which really needs to be at the top) so the auto hide app bar doesn't happen and the app bar stays on. Am I the only one who thinks this is a driving distraction?
I also agree ! it should be a parameter in the App setting to be set to OFF/ON.

Reactions: Imafrog
The voice activated calling is nice except the number on dash is displayed over other information.
You would think someone at Tesla would proof read this before releasing it. Same holds true for the charge amount remaining is hidden by the lanes while the navigation is on. Really poor management there,

Did you find the regen brakes are not as strong as they were used? Or, I find it that you have to let go of the accelerator very well in advance to have the regen brakes take full control on braking. If you are approaching the stop light or stopped vehicle the regen break is not as strong and I have to now apply brakes. Before that, the moment I take off the accelerator the car will start slow down immediately.

So it's been a few weeks since the rollout and I wanted to give it a little time to try it out before passing judgement on it. I like to have the map on top and rear view camera on the bottom. 8.0 has made it very difficult to select media app and quickly return to my preffered configuration without many more screen taps. I also miss not having the icons readily available in the top of the screen as I thought the map was plenty big as it was and could always go to a full screen map if needed. My workaround is to use the browser on top with the tesla waze site on. I don't like the map as much but it beats fiddling with the screen. Also it seems to me the streaming from Slacker is of much lower quality. My grade for this update: 'A' for the autopilot functionality, 'C-' for the UI.

Did you find the regen brakes are not as strong as they were used?

Nope. Exactly the same as before. What some may be seeing is the effect of colder weather on re-gen. This will be my 5th winter with the car and I am getting a good feel for it. The line that shows re-gen is limited is pretty obvious, but if you observe closely, the re-gen amount never quite reaches the dotted line. This means that if the limit is just beyond the 60 kW max on the dial, you may not be getting the full amount of re-gen, even though the dotted line is not showing.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
So it's been a few weeks since the rollout and I wanted to give it a little time to try it out before passing judgement on it. I like to have the map on top and rear view camera on the bottom. 8.0 has made it very difficult to select media app and quickly return to my preffered configuration without many more screen taps. I also miss not having the icons readily available in the top of the screen as I thought the map was plenty big as it was and could always go to a full screen map if needed. My workaround is to use the browser on top with the tesla waze site on. I don't like the map as much but it beats fiddling with the screen. Also it seems to me the streaming from Slacker is of much lower quality. My grade for this update: 'A' for the autopilot functionality, 'C-' for the UI.

I put the rear view screen up top, and the map (or music) on the bottom. That's the way I ran it before 8.0, so it's what I'm used to. Also it means the icons don't disappear.